Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Spotlight Initiative is a global partnership between the United Nations (UN) and the European Union (EU), launched in 2017, as part of the global response b eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls in support of the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development. Nigeria is one of eight African countries selected to implement the Spotlight Initiative, which will focus strongly on preventing early marriage and female genital mutilation. The Spotlight Initiative is implemented in Nigeria by five principal agencies (UNFPA, UNDP, UN Women, UNICEF and UNESCO) under the coordination of the Resident Coordinator’s Office.
Gender-based violence (GBV) remains pervasive in Nigeria exacerbated by negative social norms, the culture of silence and misconceptions around violence against women and girls (VAWG). As much as 30 per cent of Nigerian women aged 15-49 years reported experiencing sexual abuse. AHNJ in collaboration FH1360 is implementing the spotlight initiative in FCT and Adamawa, UNHCR, National Commission for Refugees Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRMI) and the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) are leading the refugee response effort in Nigeria to ensure that Cameroonian refugees receive protection and assistance. Response efforts are delivered under the overall leadership of the host government and alongside the Refugee Coordination Model.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking a qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Position: Accountant At Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative
Job Location: Abuja
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance and Administrative Officer/ Accountant will be responsible for the provision of accounting, administrative, and logistical support services to the state office.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with administrative and secretarial skills
- Sound accounting skills
- Experience with a large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume (CV) and Cover Letter as a single document to: AHNI-F&Ajobs@ahnigeria.org
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only applications sent electronically (I.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.