Action Contre La Faim Recruitment
The Nigeria country programme has been operational since 2010. ACF Nigeria is currently undertaking the following activities: Food Security and Livelihoods Nutrition and Health, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene. The mission consists of a team of 600+ national employees and about 30 international employees.
The North-East programme is a large chunk of ACF’s programme in Nigeria with over 450 staff. The projects are both humanitarian and development funded by multiple donors (FFP, OFDA, DFID, AFD, GAC, SIDA, ECHO, EU, etc).
The security situation in Borno and parts of Yobe is fragile and remains a bit unpredictable.
Security, working and living conditions:
Accommodation is provided in designated guesthouses across bases for international staff with very comfortable living conditions and convenient amenities. Apartments are shared but each individual will have his or her own bedroom. Action Contre La Faim Recruitment
Job Position: A NUTRITION EXPERT (M/F)
Job Lagos: Borno
The Nutrition Expert will support the HeRoN consortium which is established to ensure that crisis-affected communities in Borno and Yobe states have meaningful access to quality primary healthcare and nutrition services in the immediate term, while also contributing to the sustained capacity of health systems strengthening at the LGA level.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with the Health and Nutrition Head of Department (HoD), consortium members to ensure coordination/integration among Nutrition and other programs in the Northeast Nigeria States
- Provide technical support and guidance to Health and Nutrition programs and assessments in the operational states
- Represent ACF and the HeRON consortium and its interests to donors, partners, and counterparts
DO YOU FIT IN THE POSITION?
You have a Masters’ degree in Public Health, Human Nutrition, or Medicine, with about five years’ experience in managing programmes in health and nutrition, and 3 years in managing nutrition and health treatment and prevention programs in a complex humanitarian emergency context.
You are also comfortable in the design, monitoring of implementation and evaluation of public health programmes.
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 2010 to 2335€ upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 539 € (cf euro cost) net, field paid.
- 450€ as a country allowance
- 200€ as expertise allowance
- 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizens for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
- child allowance
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- Support for transport tickets to the reference recovery area.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical training at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation in external training costs upon eligibility of the request.
WHY JOINING ACF
You enjoy taking up challenging roles as a nutritional expert in a multi-year health and nutrition programme being implemented in a consortium?
Then this role is for you!
To apply, please send your CV and motivational letter to the following link: