The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited. It is a profitable player in the QSR industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of +1400 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations (15 stores and 4 central operation units) in Lagos, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Our current management team consists of experienced hands with over 60 years of experience that spans industry as well as management consulting in foremost multinational professional services companies.
We are constantly on the lookout for great talents who will work with us to build a brand that is passionate about delivering excellent services and quality meals to our customers. So, if you’ve got consulting experience in the manufacturing/production sector(s), passionate about reviewing and improving business processes and developing systems and people, and looking for exciting opportunities for self and career growth; YOU are the TALENT we are looking for!
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities related to the development of business applications for the company.
- Articulate in detail the design, processes/ concepts for needed technology solutions; and manage supervise system integrators front-end, back-end, and full-stack developers or off-the-shelf functional and technical implementation consultants to deliver
- In particular, specify, design and implement the use of technology to provide better and efficient services to customers such as:
- end to end online ordering and delivery (STP)
- multiple variations of customer reward/ loyalty concepts
- customer’s ability to place orders and making direct payments across multiple channels in different parts of the business, etc.
- On an ongoing basis, research on how restaurants in more advanced environments (such as the Western World) have deployed technology and make regular presentations to the CEO and executive team on potential value propositions for the company on this basis:
- Review similar solutions across other industry players and use these learning to detail what will create optimal value for the company
- Stay up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices
- Lead the implementation of analytics and business intelligence applications with capabilities such as:
- Aging of product stays on display
- Time interval from food request to delivery
- Trends in customer purchase patterns and behavior, etc
- Implement and manage intranet, workflow, and knowledge sharing solutions and other related business efficiency and productivity solutions
- Manage relationships with external application software vendors from point of initiation, solution delivery, service level management, issue resolution, and termination.
- Familiar with the policies, procedures and technical issues related to software solution delivery.
- Must be familiar with modern programming languages, full-stack development, responsive web, and mobile applications, coding and technology delivery processes.
- Must possess exceptional troubleshooting skills and be able to assess complex applications.
- Proven experience of system analysis, design, development and implementation, and end-user support.
- Industry knowledge from Hospitality Industry, Quick Service Restaurant, and Online delivery will be a plus.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Range of 5 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or an advanced degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking / Human-Centered Design will be a plus.
- Knowledge and proven practice of Agile Frameworks such as Scrum will be a plus.
- Any other relevant certifications
- Lekki – Epe Expy, Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Nigeria
Click on the link below to apply