Job Title: Engineering Utilities Team Leader
Job Number: 23865
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco is looking to hire an Engineering Utilities Team Leader to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria.
This work involves the controlling, operating or maintaining of engineering/utilities machines within the engineering department in order to support the manufacturing department to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost.
- Operate the utilities/engineering equipment according to the standard operating procedures in order to continuously make the equipment to be 100% available according to standard maintenance practices in all or multiple equipment layout within the department;
- Check that that multiple equipment has a maintenance plan/schedule in conformance to manufacturer’s standards;
- Conduct daily and weekly cleaning maintenance schedule according to prescribed procedures to ensure efficient machine performance;
- Complete relevant documents/checklists as prescribed in order to ensure availability of accurate maintenance data;
- Apply EHS procedures and good practices in order to prevent personal injuries and damage to equipment;
- Ensure a prompt end of shift report of all Technical issues preventing the machines in his domain from achieving optimum performance;
- Carry out a comprehensive maintenance job with necessary supervision and controlling of other team members to achieve this aim;
- Ability to pass the technical proficiency test, and shows a high level of hands on skills;
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on all available Engineering/Utilities P, M & E (Plant, Machinery & Equipment);
- Ensure that planned maintenance is effectively implemented, in a timely and cost-effective manner and optimization of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
Requirements, skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience on utilities plants and equipment in a fast-moving consumer goods environment will serve as an advantage;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or any related field;
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering principles;
- Good understanding of standards of good practice, mechanical/electrical drawings and schematics;
- Ability to gather and interpret technical data;
- Proficiency in fault finding/troubleshooting;
- Decision making and problem-solving capabilities.
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT Nigeria Limited (NG13)
Click to apply http://bit.ly/2Pom1cr