Who We Are
About the Cece Yara Foundation
The Cece Yara Foundation is a child-centered non-profit organisation established in 2016 to prevent child sexual abuse and to provide access to care, information, protection and emergency intervention for children who have experienced sexual abuse or who are at risk. The Foundation provides psycho-social, legal and medical support for children through a 24-hour free child telephone helpline (0800 800 8001) and its child-friendly Child Advocacy Centre based in Gbagada, Lagos, at a time when government research estimates the occurrence of childhood sexual violence in Nigeria to be as high as one in four girls and one in ten boys. The Foundation’s multi-disciplinary team of counselors, social workers, child advocates, lawyers, and forensic interviewers, collaborate with government agencies and partners involved in the investigation, intervention, and prosecution in child sexual abuse cases, in order to provide a coordinated response to children, in line with best practice. The Centre has also established outreach educational programs on prevention awareness for children, and specialized programs to educate adults on how to protect children from sexual abuse.
Position Title: Lead Child Therapist.
Job Station: Lagos State.
Lead Child Therapist job opportunity is available at Cece Yara Foundation for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Our Lead Child Therapist. /Professional Counselor should be a licensed mental health therapist who provides assessment, diagnosis and counseling to children and non-offending family members of children who have been sexually abused and children facing other social problems overcome their depressed state.
- The Lead Therapist must belong to a professionally recognized body.
- The Lead Therapist serves a critical role in our team-based model of servicing Cece Yara Client in need of therapy. Lead Therapist provides extensive training and coaching to Child Helpline Counsellors.
- The Lead Therapist also works closely with the Executive Director to develop programs, create materials for therapy, and prepare data for review and decision making.
- The Lead Child Therapist in addition to her existing role will be responsible for the following
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Lead therapist will also conduct individual therapy with clients.
- Provide hands-on training for new CHL Counsellor
- Monitor, support, and coach Assistant therapist assigned to her in ensuring all treatment plans are being run effectively and as intended
- Act as a liaison between the parents, /Caregiver/Client and the Case Management Team to ensure consistency and clear communication
- Meet regularly with the Case Management Team to discuss caseload and client progress
- Provide hands training for parent and non-offending caregivers.
- Provide Counselling services for Parents or Guardians when necessary.
- Prepare reports on the client’s progress.
- Monitor Client’s case files.
- Schedule dates for a counselling session.
- Organize and facilitate periodic training sessions for CHL Counselors on Counselling skills, effective response, and intervention.
- Collaborate with the CYF team to initiate and implement interventions that will contribute to improved services rendered by the organization.
- Keep the overreaching aim of the organization by ensuring the organization maintains its strategic vision.
- Liaise with other services providers, when required to help make necessary intervention and referrals.
- Write articles on issues related to counselling and therapy
- Carry out other duties required by the management of the organisation.
2nd March 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.