Position Title: Head, Credit & Risk Management.
Job Station: Ekiti State.
Head, Credit & Risk Management job opportunity is available at Corporate Headhunters Limited for individuals who possess HND / B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Working in conjunction with the bank’s Credit Risk Appetite to develop and manage key performance drivers to retain portfolios within agreed portfolio appetite levels.
- Facilitating understanding of the risk profile of the portfolios at the various board levels and propose strategies for managing identified risks.
- Deep and extensive understanding of all relevant Bank products.
- Creative / innovative approach to solving complex problems of both a strategic and technical nature.
- Review all internal and external audit reports and arrange to address key issues / comments raised in these reports in coordination with various business units.
- Ensure compliance with Credit Policies, Procedures as well as relevant Banking Legislation, requirements and protocol.
- Developing and spreading a credit culture throughout business units with ongoing counselling and advising on various matters to overcome them with amicable solutions.
- Monitor changes in trend of the portfolio, by making periodical comparison, analyze reasons for the changes and give a detailed presentation to the Senior Management / Board of Directors. Compare liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of individual or company being evaluated with similar establishments to determine risk.
- Minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable collections.
- Draft models of credit information that predict trends and patterns
- Provide administrative and risk governance support for the Risk Committee of the Board and the Board Credit Committee risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the bank such as costs, legal requirements etc.
- Risk reporting to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks.
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders.
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong.
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- Any other duties as assigned.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- HND / B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc / MBA is a plus.
- ICAN and ACCA qualification are relevant but not necessary.
- Evidence of completion / exemption of / from NYSC
- MCP certification is mandatory.
- Risk management experience, including knowledge of risk management governance and control
- 3+ years relevant experience in the credit department of a financial institution
- Risk management experience and / or accreditation
- Project management experience, planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation.
- Must be resident or ready to relocate to Ekiti State
- Excellent people management and leadership abilities
- Superior communication, facilitation and consensus-building skills
- High degree of personal initiative
- Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable tackling complex problems and breaking these down into manageable pieces
- Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, often deadline-oriented and dynamic environment
- Process design and analysis skills
- Research, analysis and judgment skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills, intermediate Excel skills
- Highly numerate with an analytical and enquiring mindset, ability to develop a range of options and communicate these in an engaging and compelling way at the appropriate level for senior stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
APPLY BEFORE :-
Friday, 3rd April, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Head, Credit & Risk Management – Ekiti” as subject of the email.