- Ozumba Mbadiwe Ave, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 312,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory, and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
Deloitte Nigeria was recently awarded the “Best Company to Work for in Nigeria in 2019”. We were also awarded the “Most Fun and Friendly Workplace in Nigeria” and organization that provides its employees with the “Best Quality of Life”.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are committed to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the workspace and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
The Senior Manager, T&T is responsible for overseeing all functions in the Talent and Transformation Department. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to; maintaining and enhancing the firm’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. She/he will also provide strategic support to the Talent Partner.
· Lead all Firmwide Human Resource Management processes and procedures, ensuring compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency of the Talent team in responding to the needs of the business
· Organisational Development: Identity, develop and deploy business-driven talent management strategies for the attraction, development (learning), motivation and retention of talent
· Drive the implementation of the Talent Strategy in line with set targets and timelines
· Performance management: Manage the implementation of firm-wide performance management framework and improvement initiatives
· Career Management: Oversee the entire employee career continuum from entry to exit, ensuring employee engagement indices are adequately monitored
· Resourcing: Develop appropriate resource acquisition strategies and manage the end to end process of recruit, mobility and resource deployment
· Policy Formulation and implementation: Design/update and ensure proper implementation of HR policies in line with the talent strategy on recruitment and selection, performance and career management, learning and development, etc.
· Contracting: Oversee the contracting process and ensure compliance with all regulatory and firm-instituted requirements for all employment types – full-time employment, part-time contracts, internships, secondments, etc.
· Regulatory Compliance: Ensure all legal and regulatory requirements as relates to HRM are strictly adhered to and compliance monitored
· Information Management: Ensure all Talent Management information are timely and adequately compiled and disseminated as required to address prevalent staff issues
· Administrative Roles: Responsible for ensuring that all HR administrative roles are attended to timely
· Manage all vendor and third-party relationships that relate to talent management
· Prepare and effectively manage the T&T budget
· Provide the Talent Partner with timely and useful HR reports
Role Specific Competencies/Soft Skills
· Good knowledge and excellent understanding of how the firm operates, its business requirements and commercial objectives. Outstanding commercial and strategic business insight
· Appreciable working knowledge of HR management practices
· Leadership experience and the ability to mentor
· Ability to function as a strategic and trusted advisor to the business
· Numerical and budgeting skills
· Good knowledge of local and international employment laws and regulations
· Personal credibility through living the values as a custodian of the firm’s culture
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality; manage information flow and dissemination on a need-to-know basis
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
· Diplomatic and negotiation skills
· Tact, and the ability to deal with difficult situations; good problem solving and decision-making skills to deal with all staff-related issues
· Excellent organizational, coordinating and planning skills; effective time management for workflow and delivery of results; working with minimal supervision and direction
· A positive attitude and tenacity to get things done.
· Strong attention to details, ability to take initiative, be proactive and forward-thinking
· B.Sc./HND in any Social Science courses/Humanities or Business course (minimum of 2.2/Lower Credit)
· Membership of a Human Resources Management Professional Association
· M.Sc. in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
Application deadline: Friday, 13 March 2020