Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry Level
Junior Product Associate
Company: Fenix International
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Position: Full Time
Fenix International is a next-generation energy and technology company. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our customers through inclusive energy and financial services. Our flagship product, Fenix Power, is a modular, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.11 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans, unlocking modern financial services for our customers. To date, Fenix has sold over 500,000 Solar Home Systems in Uganda, Zambia, Cote d’Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria and Mozambique, bringing clean, reliable power for lights, phones, radios, TV and much more to over 2,500,000 people.
In early 2018, Fenix joined forces with ENGIE, one of the world’s largest energy companies and a leader in the move to renewable, decentralized and digital energy. This has allowed Fenix to make significant commercial investments to accelerate the path to our mission, via new markets and innovative products. Together, Fenix and ENGIE are making universal access to modern energy a reality.
Fenix International is looking for a dynamic, motivated and disciplined person with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energies and financial inclusion to join the team in Nigeria.
Reporting to the Product Associate and dotted reporting to the Head of Product, Fenix Nigeria, the Junior Product Associate will mainly ensure the documentation and resolution of product-related technical problems, field research of a dynamic start-up that evolves at the borders of renewable energy and payment technologies.
EXHIBIT A Scope of Duties
Duties: This is in non-exhaustive list, which will be subject to change from time to time
- Support the department in assisting Service Centers and Customer Service Units in problem-solving (high-level technical Support) in conjunction with the Solar Home Systems engineering team based in Kampala (Uganda).
- Support the department in gathering training materials to conduct training on Products and 1st level Technical problem solving for operational agents (SCAs, FTLs, and FPCs).
- Ensure regular updates of training materials, operating procedures, training guides and technical documents related to the Solar Home Systems.
- Assist the Product department in carrying out field studies on the product ranges and user behavior.
- Assist the Product department in the monitoring of key indicators during the launches of the new products.
- Prepare detailed Product related reports as required by the Product Associate and Head of Product.
- Must have a strong interest in understanding product ideation and development processes.
- Must be willing to learn, especially in the areas of identifying technical failures on our products by utilizing information from various sources (Service Center, Sales teams, Call center)
- Actively listen and document customer recommendations on product evolution.
- Prepare periodic product-related reports for key stakeholders.
- Provide basic level technical support to key stakeholders.
- Regularly update/document FAQs and other knowledge materials based on newly identified product issues including post product launch challenges.
Required Skills & Experience
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good analytical skills
- Strong commitment to serving the needs and improving the quality of life of rural households in Nigeria
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary and diverse teams
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Desired Skills and experience
- Experience with Tableau, SQL or other visualization or data management tools
- Good command of English
- 1-2 years experience in a Product Department
- A First Degree
Diversity and integration
At Fenix, we know that the diversity of origins, experiences, cultures, and thoughts is crucial
for building a competitive business and a supportive workplace generating innovative ideas that change the lives of our customers. We particularly encourage Nigeria nationals to apply.
To apply please send a CV and a cover letter answering the following questions:
● Why do you want to work for Fenix?
● What leadership and/or entrepreneurial experience will you bring to Fenix in this role?
● What is your vision for Fenix’s Commercial Strategy across your state?
● What will make Fenix’s commercial strategy unique 5 years from now if you were in this role?
Fenix offers a competitive salary and a fun work environment. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.