The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for prospective candidates for the anticipated prevention of gender-based violence and livelihoods support project.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Position: Finance and Admin Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Department: Atiku Center
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: 1 (One) Year
- Managing of petty cash transaction;
- Disbursing of funds to all participants during workshops;
- Handling of cash payments to all vendors/Staff
- Preparation of petty cash update and reports;
- Weekly cash reconciliation and replenishment;
- Scanning and filing financial documents into database and maintaining hard copies filling;
- Review of payment documents in relation to payment checklist;
- Keep petty cash funds in safe and provide periodic petty cash report.
- Raising of Payment Vouchers/Petty Cash Vouchers
- Day to day bank liaison and general finance and Admin duties
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc in Accounting / Banking and Finance with 3 years of project experience
- Grant management experience for UNHCR projects
- Experience in the use of financial accounting software
- Experience in project finance, audit and project banking
- Knowledge of UNHCR financial regulations and ICT skills.
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document or PDF format