ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY IN ITALY
Entry Requirements for Italian Universities
When applying to study a bachelor, master or PhD in an Italian university, there are several entry requirements that you should keep in mind.
In order to meet entry requirements for a bachelor’s degree at an Italian university, you must successfully have completed upper secondary studies, have a valid school leaving certificate and qualify for higher education studies in your home country. Keep in mind that many bachelor’s level programs in Italy are only offered in Italian, and you may need to prove your language abilities through a certified language test in order to be accepted to your program of choice.
To study a master’s degree at an Italian university, you will need to have a relevant bachelor or equivalent degree certification. Many Italian universities offer a wider breadth of programs in English at the master’s level. If your previous studies were not in English, you can prove your proficiency by taking a recognized English language test like TOEFL®or IELTS. You should confirm what language test scores are recognized by your institution with their international office.
As part of the entry requirements to study abroad in Italy, you may need to submit any or all of the following documents when applying for the program of your choice.
- Identity document like a passport or EU identity card;
- Academic transcript of your previous studies;
- University application form;
- Letter of recommendation;
- Personal Statement; and
- Proof of language proficiency (English or Italian, depending on the program).
Depending on your institution and the language your documents are written in, you may also have to provide a certified translation of your documents into Italian. Always confirm any specific application requirements with your institution, as different schools and programs can have different entry requirements!
To meet entry requirements for a PhD at an Italian university, you need a relevant diploma or master degree program. Some Italian universities also required for applicants to present their research proposal.
VISA REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY IN ITALY
Students may need to present any or all the following documents as part of their application for a student visa to study in Italy:
- A valid passport, with at least two blank visa pages and valid for at least three months after the expected end date of your study program;
- A letter of acceptance from your institution in Italy;
- A completed visa application form;
- A copy of your itinerary to and from Italy,
- Proof of no criminal record;
- Proof of language proficiency in Italian or English (depending on the language of your study program);
- Proof of adequate financial means to support yourself (between €450 and €515 monthly);
- Proof of adequate accommodation in Italy;
- Proof of adequate medical insurance; and
- Proof you’ve paid the associated application fee.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD
1. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN BELGIUM 2020-2021
2. SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN THE UK 2020-2021
3. SCHOLASHIP TO STUDY IN BRAZIL 2020-2021
4. LATEST SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD 2020-2021
JOIN OUR SCHOLARSHIP TELEGRAM GROUP TODAY