Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager At Alan & Grant
Job Location: Lagos
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the effective functioning of the hotel facilities and provides an efficient and safe environment for employees and guests by using best business practices to manage resources, services, and processes to meet organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create policies and procedures as well as ensure the implementation of the policies
- Work with contractors to coordinate renovations, remodeling projects, and new construction as well as manage relationships with vendors and service providers
- Ensure all services & upgrades are performed with the least disruption to operations as per Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain a good working stock of equipment according to operational requirement
- Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the equipment.
- Carry out routine checks on the facility, equipment, and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standard
- Inspect alarm systems such as carbon dioxide and fire protection devices and quickly schedule repairs when needed
- Ensure compliance with the overall business objectives and growth strategies
- Complete periodic maintenance of equipment and machinery by following the recommended upkeep schedule throughout the life of the devices.
- Manage workers to complete a variety of tasks related to maintenance of machinery, including plumbing, electrical jobs, heating, and air conditioning, structural concerns and more depending on the scope of the project.
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol.
- Monitor and apply preventative measures to the building to reduce the risk of future problems, such as using a sealant on a flat roof.
- Perform administrative tasks as required
- Troubleshoot common issues with equipment and assist operators with getting back to a productive mode
- Minimum of B.Sc./HND in Engineering
- 5 years’ experience with 2 years in a similar role
- Attention to detail to ensure that all jobs are completed in an exemplary manner and any potential hazards or warning signs of problems are not overlooked
- In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting, general maintenance practices & processes
- Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Communicate plans for upper-level improvements to maintenance worker staff
- Working knowledge of appropriate tools, common appliances, and devices
- Strong knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
- Experience in planning and coordinating maintenance operations, keeping track and report on all activities
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with subordinates and other staff
- Primary understanding of the use of MS Office
Job Title: Pastry Chef At Alan & Grant
Job Location: Lagos
The Pastry Chef is responsible for creating an assortment of desserts, including pastries, cookies and other confections. Craft high-quality recipes, develop seasonal offerings for the hotel guest, visitors and maintain quality standards and consistency of product.
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Able to produce all baked dish including but not limited to artisan bread and rolls, cakes, cookies, pies, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts
- Develop, designs and creates new ideas for pastry kitchen
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings to ensure food presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Ensures and monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar, etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients and equipment for the pastry section when needed and within budget
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Other duties
- 3 years’ experience working within the food industry as a pastry chef, baker, or relevant role
- Minimum of BSc/HND in food science or related role
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and baking techniques and nutrition
- Excellent knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten-free, sugarless, etc.)
- Creativity and flexibility ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other deserts
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Good understanding of the restaurant business, budgets, and time management skills