Job Vacancies At FHI360
FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world. FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world.
Job Position: State Senior Finance & Administrative Officer
Job Location: Akwa Ibom
Requisition – 2020200710
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: State Director
- This position will report to the State Director and will be responsible for accounting and finance and overall administration for the state office and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of Nigeria’s programs/projects with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide main support with problem resolution on CO cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial closeouts at the state level.
- Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the state office, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects, account activities.
- Oversee contractual issues for the state office.
- Ensure continuous flow of funds to state office and to sub-recipients.
- Provide support to and coordinate the FHI 360/Nigeria activities within USAID and PEPFAR guidelines and regulations.
- With relevant parties from programs, finance and contracts and grants, develop subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) in the focus states
- Serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the field office (as relevant).
- Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulates the same amongst the field staff.
- Coordinate all travel details/logistics for the staff, consultants and TDyers’ including booking hotel accommodations and arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Provide logistic support for workshops and training.
- Coordinate all records/storage of supplies for the country office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS / BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in office management and administration.
- CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures is an advantage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report on variances and status on a regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Routine coordination with FHI employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Job Position: Driver
Job Location: Calabar
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Under the direction of the project coordinator, the driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Convey FHI 360 Nigeria Staff and Consultants to designated approved locations.
2. Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned.
3. Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
5. Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office.
6. Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
7. Fulfill special request by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands
8. Performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Matured and willing to work at odd hours.
2. Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
3. Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
Qualifications and requirements:
1. Secondary school leaving certificates, apprentice certificate or any other equivalent certificates with a minimum of 1-year experience.
2. Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license.
3. Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
4. Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage.
5. Experience with large complex organizations preferred.
Job Position: State Director
Job Location: Uyo
Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party Technical
The State Director is part of the senior management team for FHI 360 Nigeria, in a decentralized country management structure and forms part of the strategic team that directs the operations of FHI 360 Nigeria overall. H/She is responsible for program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the interventions implemented by FHI 360 and its partners in the assigned state. H/She provides technical and management leadership in HIV prevention, care and treatment, TB and Integrated Medical Services and develop technical strategies and oversee their design and implementation for FHI 360 Nigeria programs ensuring the appropriate application of theory and best practice to the design and implementation of public health interventions. H/She is accountable for judicious use of all resources entrusted with FHI 360 and its partners in the assigned state.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of strategies for the design and implementation of FHI 360 Nigeria public health interventions including HIV/AIDS interventions, linked with care and treatment activities. Others include TB, RH/FP, Malaria, Cervical cancer screening etc
- Ensure that appropriate technical strategies, policies and SOP’s are developed and implemented in accordance to FHI 360, USAID, OCAG and Nigerian regulations
- Participate in development of and monitors work plans and budgets; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensures appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to the Country Office.
- Work with the relevant departments to establish and execute a capacity development plan to provide assistance to the state office for effective program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Provide overall supervision for FHI360/Nigeria state office staff and ensure compliance with technical, programmatic, contractual and financial requirements set by FHI360 and its donors.
- Responsible for the overall management and coordination of FHI360 activities at the state office.
- Serve as the point of contact of FHI360 with government officials and coordinate and collaborate with all public sector and NGO partners at the state.
- With the assistance of the country office M&E staff, monitor all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet contractual, financial and programmatic goals.
- With technical assistance from country office technical specialists, provide programmatic/technical assistance to all local FHI360 partners in the design, implementation, modification, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Provide technical assistance through the review and/or writing of protocols, papers, reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Ensure that results from research and published best practices are incorporated into FHI 360 Nigeria’s interventions and contribute significantly to this literature.
- Coordinate all capacity building activities for FHI360 partners at the state level.
- Review periodic reports (programmatic and financial) submitted by all collaborating partners at the state office level and forward same to the country office.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to project sites as necessary.
- Ensure that all FHI360 assets and other resources are effectively managed.
- Collaborate with other IPs based in the state to coordinate project activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Experience in designing and implementing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund) as well as international not-for-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Diplomatic; demonstrated experience in undertaking high-level policy dialogue with different stakeholders.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, health systems, decentralization of services and related issues.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building an effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
- Ability to travel in Nigeria up to 25%
Qualifications and Requirements: Job Vacancies At FHI360
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 7-9 years professional public health experience including at least five years specialized experience in HIV/AIDS care in developing country settings plus at least four years of management experience. Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Or MS/MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 4 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Or BS/BA in social science, public health or related field, with a minimum of 11-13 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 4 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.