Marketing – Sales – J-ForceJob Title
JForce Planning Manager – Jumia NigeriaExperience
JForce Planning Manager – Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
You will be responsible for driving analysis of performance metrics to identify opportunities and build evidence to support strategic decisions. Support the team’s P&L with the aim of bringing exceptional growth in sales volume, margin, and conversion rate.
- Support the execution of the Offline Sales plan, ensure Jumia always has for each JForce consultant and their customer, the right products at the best price, at the right place.
- Supporting Head of offline sales on strategic decision making and steering the performance daily.
- Being within our teams, an early adopter, a leading ambassador and a relentless missionary of Jumia’s strategic JForce orientation.
- Understand market trends, JF consultants, vendors, and customers. Continuously bringing valuable insights and convictions to support your recommendations.
- Build analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all categories, working alongside the Commercial Planning team to deliver best in class performance steering.
- Owning the planning and execution of JForce’s partnerships with brands, offering them a revolutionary way to get their products to the customers.
- Ensuring tight control on a budget used for indirect commissions and subsidy.
- Work very closely with the commercial department to plan the campaigns in accordance with their own capacity and schedule.
- Maintain a repository of AB test on JForce campaign performance reviews
- Work seamlessly with all other departments (Marketing, JS, Operations, Finance…), enabling decision making, problem-solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Support massive and complex JForce operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools and process.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited universities.
- 5-8 years of experience in analysing large data sets and making recommendations.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL and Google suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, can prioritize tasks under pressure
- Joining the JForce, the team pushing the boundaries of Jumia ever further (recognized by MIT as one the most innovative ventures).
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.