La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited – As an international registered microfinance bank, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers a complete range of financial services and means of payment for its customers, including savings accounts, current accounts, and fixed deposit accounts.
Fully client oriented, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers great flexibility, independence, and financial security to help clients stay committed to their short and long term financial goals. Formally incorporated as La Fayette Microfinance Bank, the bank started full operation in February 2013 and has built a strong client base, serving clients from eight branch networks in Ibadan– Bodija, Challenge, Dugbe, Gbagi, and Iwo road, Ogbomosho, Oyo and Saki towns, all strategically situated within close proximity to customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Risk and Compliance Officer
- branches GL balance reports. Any major deviation from the standard must be escalated.
- Institute and enforce aggressive Cost reduction Strategies/Tactics for the branch under your purview to ensure zero% income wastage
- Ensure prompt resolution of all recommendations in the Internal Audit Report, Regulatory Examiners Report and oather Statutory Examiners Report involving the branch under your purview.
- Ensure daily Call Over of all Tills transactions (which include but not limited to deposit/withdrawal slips, Cheque slips, Internal fund transfers) within 24 hours of posting and where practicable online same day and as may be advised to you from time to time
- Daily Review of all System Generated Override Message/Exception Reports to ensure that appropriate approvals were obtained for it and that they are valid transactions
- Daily review of ATM Card and Pin Management or any other related reviews to ensure any irregularities are discovered and escalated promptly.
- Conduct Special Investigation as may be directed by the Risk and Compliance Manager.
- Conduct spot checks, stock taking and other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and reports as may be required by the Risk and Compliance Manager which will include among others: Critical Control Issues Report, Unusual Incidence Report, Report on assets ageing in standard approved format etc.
- Any other job that may be assigned by the Risk and Compliance Manager.
Person Specification Qualification/Education
- B.Sc. / HND in any discipline. Professional Qualification such as (CIMA, ACCA, ICAN…) or its equivalent will be an advantage.
- The applicant must have spent the minimum of THIRTY-SIX months as a Risk and Compliance Officer in an MFB or finance institution.
- High-level proficiency in written and spoken English; good knowledge of word processing; proven spreadsheet skills; good interpersonal relations skills.
- Meticulous, open-minded, autonomous and fast learner.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.