Lawebod Microfinance Bank was Incorporated on the 30th of March 1993 as Trinity Mortgage Finance Company Limited to carry on the business of Mortgage Finance Institution in Nigeria. It later changed its name to Lawebod Microfinance Bank Limited when it was restructured and recapitalized in 2016 in a bid to better utilize its strength and resources to compete more efficiently and to repositioned it as one of the foremost provider of microfinance banking services in Nigeria. The bank is registered by the Central Bank of Nigeria and insured by the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Internal and Financial Control Officer At Lawebod Microfinance Bank
Job Location: Lagos
- Develop and execute the annual audit plan of the Bank as approved including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by Management.
- Plan and carry out regular internal audits to evaluate compliance with the system of internal controls, assess the reliability and integrity of information and compliance with Bank? policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Ensure audit and other review findings, observations and recommendations are discussed with respective Unit Heads and agree on a plan of action for improvement.
- Conduct continuous follow-up and post-implementation reviews to ensure Unit Heads and other responsible persons act on agreed action plans.
- Maintenance of appropriate auditing standards.
- Keep Executive Management and the Audit Committee informed of emerging trends and practices in internal auditing.
- Issue periodic reports to the Audit Committee and Managing Director summarizing results of audit activities.
- Carry out special assignments, investigations or reviews that may be requested by the Audit Committee and Executive Management.
- Rendering an independent, objective evaluation of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes of the Bank and making improvements where necessary.
- Managing and conducting performance, operational, financial, IT and compliance audit assignments with an emphasis on a risk-based approach designed to assist Management in the attainment of its objectives.
- Ensure Enterprise-Wide Risk Management policies, controls and procedures, are effectively implemented, disseminated and complied with across the Bank.
- A University Degree / HND from a recognized University
- An additional qualification / Degree in any Finance / Business related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Microfinance Certification (Issued by CIBN) is desirable.
- Minimum of Four (4) years of professional experience out of which at least two (2) years must have been spent in Internal Auditing in a Financial Institution preferably Microfinance Bank.
- The ideal candidate must be highly organized, efficient, detailed, proactive, analytical with a high level of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.