The University of Ibadan (UI) is the oldest and most prestigious Nigerian University. A research-intensive postgraduate University, it has attained a position of eminence in various disciplines and remains a major player in the development of the much needed human capital in Africa.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the below academic position in the University of Ibadan:
Job Title: Lecturer II
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Area of Specialization: English Syntax (Transformational Generative Grammar, TGG)
Minimum years of experience:
B.Sc /MSc /PhD
- Applicant must have a Bachelor of Arts (B.A) and Master of Arts (MA) and Ph.D Degree in the field of English Language from reputable Universities recognized by Senate of the University of Ibadan.
- S/he must have good knowledge of good knowledge of English Syntax (TGG, SFG etc) and have ability to teach courses in other subs – fields of English Language.
- In addition, applicants must have previous teaching experience at the university level and evidence of scholarly publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals.
Method of Application
- Date of Birth (not age)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin, L.G.A.
- Mobile Telephone Number
- E-mail Address
- Academic Qualifications
- Previous Working Experience
- Publications (if any)
- Names and Address of three (3) Referees
Applicants should request their referees to send reports on them on letterhead and under confidential cover, indicating the position and department to which they have applied, direct to “the Deputy Registrar, Human Resource and Development (Academic Staff)” from whom further details may be obtained.
All applications should be submitted and addressed to:
For the attention of the Deputy Registrar,
Human Resource and Development (Academic Staff),
University of Ibadan,
Ibadan, Oyo State.
Important Information / Notice
Shortlisted applicants would be required to make a departmental seminar presentation on a completed or ongoing research work in their area of interest before they are finally shortlisted for the oral interview.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately.