Egbin Power Plc. is West Africa’s largest power generation station with an installed capacity of 1,320 MW consisting of 6 Units of 220MW each. One of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Our future aim is to lead the movement to ‘Light up Nigeria’ and the wider sub-Saharan African region.
Egbin is located at the heart of a small town called Egbin in Ikorodu Local Government Area of Lagos.
Job Position: Logistics Manager Recruitment At Egbin Power Plc
Job Location: Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos State
- Ensure availability of the right quality and quantity of the required material for the plant
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Take ownership of shipping & transportation and logistics arrangements for all procurement activities
- Management of third party logistics service providers
- Possess good knowledge of the INCOTERMS and explore the most suitable for every transaction.
- Good understanding of industry limitations and regulations.
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost
- Execute logistics plan for inbound and outbound spares for delivery to destination as scheduled
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements
- Ensure optimum cost savings on all logistics related activities by providing and exploring available tax exemption windows
- Liaise with the relevant authorities for import and other statutory clearances required for procurement and imports
- Evaluate proposals from various freights forwarders to ascertain the most competitive and reliable means of importations and clearance.
- Develop and maintain good relationship with customs,shipping/logistics agents and port authorities
- Assist in automation and integration of the supply chain function
- Coordination with transporters and freight agents for timely delivery of goods
- Prompt processing of permits for clearance of Imported Consignment and payment of duties and taxes.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, operations, logistics, business administration, transportation, or engineering.
- Post graduate degree in logistics, supply chain or any relevant field will be an added advantage
- 5 – 7 years of experience working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations.
Skills & Competencies
- Technical knowledge of mechanical and non-mechanical materials
- Knowledge of supply chain management
- Market and vendor knowledge for contract management
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and guidelines for supply chain management
- Strong attention to details
- Knowledge of regulatory norms on taxation, duties, import policies
- Knowledge of contract and commercial law
- Quality management skills
- Knowledge and application of IT systems in contracts management
- Strong Time Management skills
- Good negotiation and bargaining skills
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted