- Job number765449
- Travel25-50 %
- Role type individual Contributor
- Employment typeFull-Time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft 365 Subsidiary BG Lead has end-to-end accountability for the Microsoft 365 business in the local market or area including planning, execution and governance. This includes revenue, scorecard and share dashboard accountabilities and goals, as well as playing a leadership role within the subsidiary including participating in Extended Leadership meetings, planning and governance processes and providing data and insights that support and drive effective business prioritization and decision-making that achieves the Microsoft 365 business goals.
In this role, the BG Lead is responsible for close cross-group collaboration across segments to ensure local execution of strategies and tactics to further drive the business. An important role of the BG Lead is building deep audience insight, including understanding audience segmentation; their attitudes and purchase behaviors. Based on these insights, build locally relevant customer offers and co-marketing partnerships and integrate into the commercial and consumer sales motions. They are the ambassador for the product brand in the local market or area and are responsible for overseeing and managing the investments in Microsoft 365 broad marketing and digital media outreach initiatives.
The BG Lead is expected to have a deep understanding of the products, the go-to-market strategies, competitive landscape and the local business opportunity and climate in their local market or area. The BG Lead is the local spokesperson externally and internally for the products in the subsidiary. Finally, the BG Lead is on point for reporting back to Corp on the success metrics (scorecard) as part of the rhythm of the business process.
Marketing Planning and Program Execution (30%)
- Leadership and orchestration of marketing plans supporting the Microsoft 365 priorities: Increase Premium Mix (Sell Security, Sell Compliance), Drive Seats (Land Industry Solutions, Expand to Firstline), and Grow Usage (Drive Teams, Get Modern).
- Establish cross subsidiary influence and leadership access enabling your team to create and land timely and quality integrated Modern Workplace marketing plans that are fully supported by the Segment Leaders.
Do your part to lead and enable cross subsidiary commitments from Sales, Services, Other Marketing, and Partner to fully execute these plans.
- Partner with other marketing roles to leverage resources and/or initiatives for a more impactful and holistic plan.
Think and act as “One Microsoft” by successfully engaging stakeholders with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
Be the Microsoft 365 ambassador of the Product Brand experience and Microsoft CPE (Customer & Partner Experience).
- Lead the quarterly solution area business review.
Product Advocacy, Positioning, Messaging & Storytelling (30%)
- Assess the overall strengths and weaknesses of the subsidiary’s sales and marketing force in being able to message the value proposition, story tell, demo and advocate your key products.
- Build and execute a plan to resolve key gaps and shortcomings, leveraging both subsidiary and MSA PMMs.
- Continually work on a scalable approach to expand product messaging, across multiple channels, both traditional and digital.
- Partner with Segment Leaders to build a pipeline of product advocates among our customers and partners. (coaching)
Coach PMMs, sellers, CSU, and partners in product knowledge, demos, modern storytelling, compete, tools, and checklist
Competitive Positioning and Response (20%)
- Assess the overall ecosystem (internal sales, Partner sales, connected sales and marketing motions) and establish changes needed to build a sustainable compete muscle.
- Review, monitor and adjust the strategies and action plans to accelerate our market share growth against our prioritized competitors.
- Review and monitor the relevant detection tools and Share Dashboard metrics and be familiar with the key levers.
Based on the competitive insights and strategies derived by your Product Marketing Managers (PMMs), provide the leadership to orchestrate the cross subsidiary/segment commitment and coordination to execute said strategies.
- Manage the escalation processes in competitive situations, and distill the learnings from win/loss reviews to drive systematic change in the subsidiary.
Business and Monetization (20%)
- Accountable for the business goals and targets of supporting Microsoft 365 product (revenue, scorecard and share dashboard), including consumption and usage.
- Business leadership is critical in driving governance and changes in the business model, based on business issues and market dynamics.
- Influence & Orchestration, cross-segment, cross-discipline (sales, marketing, services, and partners) and between the geography and Corp.
- Drive cross subsidiary collaboration health within your geography.
- Influence product planning prioritization to meet the local market’s needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred. Relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science
- 5-8 years of product marketing experience, people management experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Develop and attract talent
- Product and customer-focused
- Understand product advocacy and evangelism
- Core marketing experience (positioning and messaging)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Experienced in core marketing communications functions
- Being a conduit between technology and the business with the voice of the customer in mind
- A role model for Microsoft values
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away resources