Nestle Nigeria Plc is a food manufacturing and marketing company. The Company is engaged in manufacturing, marketing and distribution of food products, including purified water throughout the country. It operates through two segments: Food and Beverages. The Food segment includes production and sale of Maggi, Cerelac, Nutrend, Nan, Lactogen and Golden Morn. The Beverages segment includes production and sale of Milo, Chocomilo, Nido, Nescafe and Nestle Pure Life. It manufactures and markets a range of brands, which include Infant Formula-Nestle NAN, Infant cereals-Nestle NUTREND, Nestle CERELAC, Family cereals-Nestle GOLDEN MORN, Confectionery-Nestle CHOCOMILO, Bouillon-MAGGI Cube, MAGGI Mix’py and Table Water-Nestle PURE LIFE. Its products include MAGGI Star Cube, MAGGI Crayfish, MAGGI Chicken, Ginger & Garlic, Golden Beef and Classic.
Ilupeju, NG, 9999 Position Snapshot
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Company: Nestlé Nigeria
Position Type: Full-time
Minimum Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Relevant Work Experience: 4 years cognate experience
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Tax Specialist to support compliance with direct and indirect tax laws and ensure tax optimization within business objectives.A day in the life of…
- Tax Audit and Litigation – Support the Tax Manager in preparing and managing direct/indirect tax audits and litigations.
- Tax Returns and Filing – Support in the preparation and filing of statutory tax returns (e.g. CIT, TP, WHT, VAT, CGT, PAYE) for compliance with revenue code.
- Group Tax Reports – Completion of quarterly CACT tax packages and render support in other group tax reports.
- Tax Transactions – Review of tax transactions (e.g. suppliers’ invoices) for compliance with tax rules.
- Tax General Ledger (GL) Reconciliations – Support reconciliation of relevant tax GLs for approval purposes.
- Support with the tax aspect of the payroll processes.
What will make you successful
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related courses.
- 4 to 6 years cognate work experience in tax practice with a similar Multinational or reputable Accounting Firm.
- Membership of a Professional Accounting Body e.g. ACTI, ACA, ACCA.
- Understanding of business principles and best practices to ensure direct and indirect tax compliance; and tax optimization within Nestlé’s governance standards.
- Management skills to lead people and deal with projects.
- Multiyear experience in dealing with tax compliance.
- Advanced analytical skills to assess information and draw reasonable conclusions.
- Advanced communication skills in order to explain tax issues and solutions to stakeholders.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Apply by clicking on the “apply” button, follow the steps and attach a copy of your CV. The closing date for application is 4th of March, 2020. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.
Ready to take the next step?