Novartis is a world leader in the research and development of products to protect and improve health and well being. With headquarters in Basle, Switzerland, Novartis employs over 81,000 people across 140 countries worldwide. As a world-class company, we are highly motivated and committed to ensuring that our customers receive the highest standards of quality and service at all times. Novartis is a vibrant and participative place to work and we pride ourselves on our values and behaviors. It is the exceptional quality of our employees that makes Novartis so different from other companies.
A vacancy exists for the role of a Medical Representative
• Responsible for maximizing sales of designated company products in the assigned territory. This will be achieved through the full coverage of target customers.
• Deliver persuasive sales presentations in order to change prescribing habits in line with the appropriate use of products. Consistent with customer expectations of quality of service and personal interactions.
• Maintain and enhance knowledge of products, company developments, customers, and competitors. This will also include full and complete knowledge of the product information and relevant clinical papers, and clinical developments within the therapeutic area.
• Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all territory reports, maintenance of territory records, handling of enquiries and complaints quickly and professionally and in accordance with company procedures.
• Contribute positively to the Sales and Marketing team through co-operative relationships and collaborative efforts to achieve team and company objectives. This will include input into effective use of promotional funds and territory sales forecasting.
• Ensure the prompt reporting of adverse events to the CS&E department in accordance with company procedures.
• Have knowledge and comply with the SAPI code of conduct and hospital protocol regarding ethical promotion and representative activity.
• Demonstrate Key Account Management skills
• Demonstrate behaviors in accordance with Novartis Core values.
1st Degree qualifications in Pharmacy
• Minimum of 3 years experience in pharmaceutical or allied industry
• Proven, successful sales track record preferably in business to business environment
• Knowledge of Pharma industry and its changing environment
• Professional accomplishments that reflect achievement orientation, self-motivation, initiative, independence, and strong customer service orientation