PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 276,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9 000 people. We are an equal opportunity employer.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Drive the PwC Nigeria Deals practice’s development and execution in the following areas:
• Capital raise (equity, debt and mezzanine)
• Mergers and Acquisitions (buy side and sell side)
• Due diligence (financial and commercial)
• Vendor assistance
• Feasibility study and business plan
• Other financial advisory services
• Execute on Acquisition financing, Project financing and Recapitalization projects
*Deal identification & origination i.e. sourcing the transaction
*Deal preparation & structuring i.e. deal readiness assessments & enablement, financing strategy development etc.
*Deal marketing i.e. marketing material development, engaging with potential financing partners in competitive or negotiated processes etc.
*Deal close i.e. managing due diligence, negotiations, securing funding etc.
• Develop and keep up to date the PwC Deals financing/capital raise thesis
* Landscape/value chain – funding lifecycle, notable players including funders and users (key projects and corporates), dynamics, evolution etc.
*PwC Deals’ “unique point of view” on financing in Nigeria / West Africa – trends, dynamics, opportunities, challenges etc.
*Identify the potential PwC client universe within the value chain (mid to large-cap and relationship dimensions)
*Prioritize focus sub-sectors /targets and derive PwC Deal’s very detailed “go-to-market strategy” (in conjunction with other relevant leaders)
*Determine PwC investment requirements to enhance our financing/capital raise the presence
Other relevant components of the thesis
• Execute financial/commercial due diligence and other transaction-related services, such as vendor assistance, feasibility study and business plan, to corporate and private equity fund clients.
*Assess a target company’s quality of earnings, quality of assets, normalised working capital and net debt
*Ability to identify the target’s key business performance drivers and key deal issues
*Thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, especially current accounting standards that could impact the transaction
• Develop and maintain very deep understanding of PwC lines of service, “local” Advisory competency offerings, PwC Africa Advisory capabilities/specializations and PwC Global Advisory capabilities within the context of the financing/capital raise complex
• Support business development efforts including identifying opportunities, developing relationships, scoping prospective engagements and leading proposal development.
*Articulate priority client relationship building strategy
*Drive the development XLOS and X-Geography teams per client
*Managing client relationships through positive and proactive engagement
*As a trusted advisor, demonstrate a deep understanding of client business challenges & mobilize necessary cross-competency and cross-geography teams to resolve them
• Partner with advisory competencies in leading the client engagement delivery through proactive engagement, innovative approaches, issues resolution and quality delivery
*Identify and communicate engagement findings to client management
*Consistently seek client feedback during and outside the engagement delivery cycle
• Effectively lead in people development, and manage the team to provide exceptional service
*Develop finance / capital raise specific training modules and lead the deployment (training sessions)
*Act as role model by engaging staff through mentoring / coaching and counselling
Support leadership in building and maintaining a pipeline of competent staff in the Deals practice
• Ensure assigned projects follow risk management policies and standards in accordance with standards
Lead and report on engagement economics & metrics
• Build good XLOS and X-competency relationships, and support key internal roles by aiding them to meet the firm’s objectives
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: (education, experience, knowledge, skills)
Education: (minimum level of academic and professional qualification and accreditation required to performer effectively in the role)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering or related field
• Master’s degree in Business or Finance related field is a plus
• CFA designation is a plus
Job Experience:(Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role)
• Minimum of 5 years of investment banking / deal advisory / private equity experience with a focus on capital raise
• Experience in running sell-side / capital raising process
• Experience in building and maintaining strong relations with senior level clients and key industry contacts.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading projects and diverse teams.
• Fluency in the English language is required. Fluency in French is advantageous
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills and an ability to understand clients’ business issues
• Sound business judgement and problem-solving skills
• High attention to detail and refined presentation skills
• Proven ability to supervise the completion of detailed financial analysis, financial modelling and valuation
• Ability to interact with senior management of potential clients as well as senior government officials
• Capacity to think laterally and creatively outside traditional transactional advisory and financing
Job Knowledge Requirements: (Minimum level of practices, standards, processes, legislation etc)
• Financing / capital raise structuring and execution / Mergers and Acquisitions
• Due diligence experience
• Business Development in the Deals Advisory space
Job Related Skills and Competencies:(Minimum level of skills i.e. computer literacy, technical skills, and Technical Competencies required to do the job)
• Excellent Business Development skills – Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
• Exceptional Presentation, Communication and Facilitation skills
• Strong negotiation skills – Persuading and Influencing
• Strong creativity and innovation abilities
• Exceptional Client Service – delivering results and exceeding client expectations
• Adaptability to respond to change
• Lead and supervise teams and team activities
• Decide and initiate action to achieve key business results within area of responsibility
• Excellent relationship and networking skills – proven track record of dealing with senior client contacts
• Project Management skills – ability to manage across multiple and complex projects
• Application of technical expertise
• Adaptable to working and engaging with multiple cultures across client environment