Location: Lagos, Nigeria Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Entry Level
Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate founded in 1996 and headquartered in Lagos. Sahara Group has business operations across the energy and infrastructure value chain including the upstream, midstream, downstream, power, real estate and infrastructure.
Sahara Group deploys its deep knowledge and insight into the African energy and infrastructure sectors to seek out entrepreneurial opportunities based on which it develops market-leading businesses. Although the group’s current focus is on emerging markets, its vision is to become “the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed”
To manage and maintain a smooth and efficient Travels and Protocol system and provide satisfactory service solutions for the organizations on travel and immigration-related activities.
This means researching destinations and available services; booking hotels, flights, and car rentals; coordinating activities; and managing documentation. The role ensures that all employee travel is safe and organized according to company policy.
- Ensure all travel bookings are made promptly and accurately within the stipulated time
- Ensure travel bookings are kept within budget and are cost-effective
- Build strong relationships with internal customers, managing internal customer expectations and parameters
- Facilitate entry/transit visa process & determine the best place for submission by working with visa service, embassies and/or field offices.
- Help resolve staff travel issues such as troubleshooting unforeseen delays. Seek opportunities and offer suggestions to improve the travel process; coordinate visa and travel procedures as needed by staff
- Facilitate entry/transit visa process & determine the best place for submission by working with visa service, embassies and/or field offices
- Responsible for accurate invoice processing and follow up on payment with Finance units
- Manage relationships with the TMC’s, Consultants, Airlines, Hotel Management Companies, Embassies, and the Nigerian Immigration office
- Keep accurate information of Staff’s travel documents
- Assist on an on-call & after-hours basis. Includes working remotely on weekends as needed.
- Research visa requirements for travelers, entry restrictions and other relevant travel concerns.
- Monitor travel and intelligence provider alerts and develop solutions to near-term issues potentially affecting travel (i.e. inclement weather, organized strikes, global events, etc.).
- Prepare weekly and monthly travel reports
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
- Degree in business or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of cognate experience in a similar role. Travel industry background is essential including some practical knowledge of Amadeus and fare rules.
- Experience in corporate travel management, travel strategy implementation, including a comprehensive understanding of airlines’ and travel agencies’ practices, corporate payment methods and industry economics and trend.
- Knowledge of Ticketing & Expense reporting and processing
- Communication: Actively work to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities, and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
- Exceptional ability to work independently as well as with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to make independent decisions following standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of attention to detail with changing levels of priority.
- Executive Directors
- Managing Directors within the Group
- All Staff
- Vendors, Travel Agencies & Consultants,
- Finance department
- Service Providers etc.