The Coca-Cola Company is a total beverage company, offering over 500 brands in more than 200 countries and territories.
The Coca-Cola Company offers great careers with growth opportunities, exceptional benefits and the opportunity to be part of the world’s most recognized brands. We are looking for top talent that has a passion for innovation and wants to be part of a world-class organization.
We believe that individuals are ingenious and that it is our job at The Coca-Cola Company to support and funnel our employee’s expertise and enthusiasm to propel our business to new levels of innovation. Our goal is to embolden the power of our people to drive our brand growth through to the next century.
Job Posting End Date: May 27, 2020
This is your chance: We’re looking for an energizing and inspirational Creative Communications leader who is highly experienced and knows how to identify deep insights, spot, guide & nurture good ideas to create engaging and memorable campaigns that bring us closer to our consumers.
Are you crazy enough? Are you the candidate? Do you enjoy the challenge? Looking for an opportunity to make a lasting impact? Can you motivate and influence others? We’re looking for someone who views obstacles as interesting challenges. A Creative strategist, a creative specialist who possesses a passion for creating and driving the development of disruptive, mind-blowing communication campaigns and brand experiences. An individual who can marry science and art in delivering amazing IMC. Does this sound like you? The ideal candidate is a fast learner and embraces change. They are comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty. They are solution-oriented and think holistically about impacts. All while driving business results.
We’re an organization of marketing innovators working to change the way consumers experience our brands and enable our system to move to a total beverage company. Join our team and help lead the future of The Coca-Cola Company.
We are looking for a:
Senior IMC Manager – Creative & Content for West Africa Business Unit based out of Nigeria/flexible
The IMC Manager leads a multi-disciplinary team in delivering the complete communication package for all our marketing needs. This role has to be well versed in contemporary consumer communication strategies; stakeholder management; agency management; marketing/advertising industry network; team leadership; budget management; process management; along with all the demands of a complete communication package – from packaging design to complete IMC’s with digital centricity.
- This role has all three efficiencies; efficacy and effectiveness built into its delivery
- It is designed to define and develop premium communication strategies and create unique brand experiences, as well as bespoke connection points
- The IMC Manager position is an evolution to include in one team the ability to build seamless offline and online brand experiences and content that excites our consumers/shoppers & customers alike
- This position will be uniquely positioned to integrate all elements from the design of communication strategies to content creation to content production in order to increase the level of synergies off and online
- The IMC Manager ensures that derived from the Business Brief, and co-partnered with Brand and Connection teams, a distilled Communication Brief goes out to creative partners with whom, in a joint effort, the team curates a Core Creative Idea which is liquid and can be amplified in multiple channels.
- This will be done by step-changing the way our communication plans are built: from TV ad focused development to holistic content development, leveraging digital as an integral component of the content strategy
- This requires close collaboration with the agencies; independent collaborators; internal stakeholders and will demand a big-dig into the idea energy of the person
Define, develop and implement contemporary, insight based IMC Strategies for the Regions Core Priorities that create desire to drive demand of our products:
- Lead the strategic development of (core) brand ideas turned into relevant content & experiences across multiple consumer connections, media channels and devices
- Own the communication development process in close collaboration with other functions: From the Business Brief to the Communications Brief to development of Liquid Ideas (Core Creative Ideas) to Specialist’s Brief to Content Production and Content Implementation; co-author the briefs for content development in any given channel; to implementing the ideas across multiple touchpoints and more importantly making the right choices and weights behind these touch points
- Work in close collaboration with WABU Marketing Director; WABU IMC Director; Global IMC Leads and other relevant stakeholders following through Marketing/IMC Factory process and RAPID
- Responsible for the full creative & communication strategy & campaigns (all creative & content) for all brands (including corporate brand).
- For each campaign charter the Region leads create the most relevant IMC Package (across channels, devices, connection points) to be implemented in each participating market of WABU with maximum synergies
- For each campaign charter the Region is receiving, adapt and tailor the full IMC Strategy and deliver the package to the needs of the Region
- Ensure that all communication is locally resonant and consistent across all relevant geographies
- Responsible for of all creative content for special projects (All hands, merchandising, Coke Design, etc.), partnerships, asset communications, visibility requirements,
- Responsible for all creative & content for on-premise channels/consulting on shopper communications led by the Bottler partner
- Responsible for any new/campaign based packaging design to deliver on brief for differentiated packaging designs
- Accountable for identification and leveraging of new, innovative technologies and production techniques to step-change the final output and experience with our consumers
Drive thought leadership, build capabilities and establish a strong sense of Community in the region and contribute to building capability across the BU
- Lead, coach and develop a team of IMC Specialists across – Content; Digital; Experiential
- Identify and retain great talent, support and conduct people management in a dynamic resourcing environment
- Contribute to thought-leadership and understanding of consumer and creative trends through best practice-sharing (importing and exporting of great ideas) in order to accelerate our ability to connect with consumers and resulting in more effective and better quality content and content delivery
- Drive change, create and encourage innovation, helping the Brand & Franchise Marketing teams to take measured risks and learn new ways of connecting with consumers
Leading, challenging and coaching of Agencies across Region for better synergies and productivity
- Identify and scale best-in-class agency management routines
- Apply and streamline agency management routines and principles across the Region as well as establish agency remuneration principles according to Global Agency Management standards, in joint collaboration with Region Finance, Region Marketing Procurement and
- Lead brand and franchise marketing teams in allocating sufficient and efficient annual budgets for all brands’ production & development needs within the DME; manage P&D budgets for risks and opportunities throughout the year
- Lead the analysis and make the final decision on alternative production proposals – according to project requirements and optimum balance between quality and budget.
- Oversee and ensure on-time and correct execution of financial procedures within the production process
- Drive productivity of agency roster and production partners across West Africa: Identify and scale best creative & digital marketing talent, know-how and expertise in order to create contemporary content that excites consumers, shoppers, customers and the Coca-Cola system alike and balancing the quality output and cost-efficiently
- Search & re-apply within the TCCC System and Industry for communications solutions that can be re-applied to BU brands/projects
Complexities of the role:
Creative process is not defined and cannot be defined, this job is therefore very complicated, in as much as it needs to create value with creative ideas. There is not set rules or principles for these ideas. It is therefore for only those who have a flair for spotting and guiding the creative idea. This talent is rare and must be nurtured when found
Since IMC is not an exact science every senior person has an opinion; including bottlers. This position will have to deal with multiple stakeholders and multiple feedback. Navigate through everything and still keep the work honest and true to the strategy
- 10 min. years in Advertising Strategy/Marketing Communications Role
- Fluent use of both written and spoken English. French is an added advantage
Bachelor’s Degree min.
25% in total; franchise visits, workshops, training, marketing meetings.
Some travel in high-risk countries.
WABU operates within a hardship VUCA environment across 33 countries.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviours – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviours and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.