PiggyVest: Senior Treasury Executive
PiggyTech Global Limited (“PiggyVest”), is a financial service company that helps customers achieve financial freedom through responsible savings and on-the-go investment. PiggyVest is the largest online savings and investing platform in Nigeria. With a growing user base of over 1.2 million customers, PiggyVest is growing its suite of innovative products to further help people better at financial management and planning.
PiggyVest is a rapidly growing organization with a mission to make widget innovation happen. We are all deeply committed to our mission, and you will need to share that commitment. We are a fast-moving and cross-disciplinary environment with lots of change happening consistently. Things change as we learn, and you’ll need a degree of adaptability. Our culture is open and collaborative. We’ve tried to capture our way of working in three principles:
- Break new ground – we’re transformative, imaginative and intelligent
- Play nicely – we’re collaborative, approachable and fair
- Make it a reality – we’re down to earth, tangible and we get stuck in.
If you are excited by the possibility of working in one of the world’s leading fintech companies, a place stuffed with a diverse group of talents and perspectives, we would encourage you to send your application.
Job Position: Senior Treasury Executive
About the Senior Treasury Executive role
As a Senior Treasury Executive, you will have direct responsibility for our treasury functions including cash and treasury operations, investment portfolio management, interest rate risk management, balance sheet management, capital management and more. Other responsibilities include monitoring treasury goals, products, and available services, and also manage the company’s financial risk exposure.
An experienced senior treasury executive, you will be a key in PiggyVest’s financial management team. We expect you to combine excellent analytical skills, support ongoing capital allocation amongst units, and develop asset or liability management strategies. Ideal candidates should have a thorough knowledge of accounting and financial principles to analyze budgets, financial forecasts, cash flow, and other M&A activities.
This is a full-time role based in Lagos, Nigeria, and you’ll report directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Supports treasury management and helps develop strategies to maximize efficiencies, safeguard assets and minimize costs.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures in day-to-day conduct and supervision of cash management activities.
- Manages the investment portfolio
- Recommends and implements improvements to current treasury management processes.
- Assists in managing and maintaining the company’s banking and investment infrastructure relationships.
- Monitor and Manage capital funding and liquidity risks and interest exposures.
- Assists in preparing and managing annual budgets and forecasts.
- Identifies cost-saving and profit-maximizing opportunities related to the treasury.
- Oversee cash functions, including cash positioning, cash reporting and forecasting, short-term investing, payments, FX management, and other investment channels.
- Supports financing negotiations and capital strategy formulation.
- Provides financial analysis to executive management.
- Creates models involving cash flow, balance sheet, and income statement projections.
- Coordinate project work such as the development and enhancement of Treasury System
- Arrange settlement of all methods of payments including payment investigation role, processing of treasury transactions
- Ensure compliance with regulatory principles
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with Regulators
- Develop liquidity policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with regulators.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- At least 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting, economics or other related disciplines.
- Experience managing treasury operations in an Asset Management firm, or related financial services.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Hands-on experiences with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance or relevant certification (e.g. ACCA, ICAN, CFA, CMA or CPA) will be preferred
- Experience with tech startups would be a plus
- PiggyVest is a flexible employer.
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits
We strive to be equal opportunities employer (EoE) and commitment to this process will be expected. Our workplace is diverse, and we model this after our culture of openness and collaboration. We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment of any kind.
If you meet the requirements, please submit your application with your motivations and how you meet the key elements of the job specification, by 23:59 WAT on Monday, April 27, 2020.
If you have any questions or need clarifications, please contact Ademidun Ibrahim, email@example.com