Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition. Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometers.
If you’re a talented production chemist who’s gained some valuable experience in the chemistry solutions in Forcados Oil Terminal, this role could offer you the chance to drive social and environmental change.
Where you fit in
We work as one team and are committed to excellence. We are accountable for our work and above all, we work hard to get the job done. We are passionate about innovation and driving positive change.
What’s the role?
On a day-to-day basis, your role will be to provide first-line chemistry solutions in Forcados oil terminal (FOT) operations and provide fit-for-purpose Production Chemistry lab analytical services for the West Asset.
You’ll be expected to:
- Supervise activities in FOT lab and mini-labs in Tunu, Otumara and North Bank to deliver quality data for Wells Reservoir and Facility Management.
- Provide analytical services to support hydrocarbon processing and crude sales;
- Support terminal export capability through treatment and disposal of produced water;
- Maintain technical integrity and sustain ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accreditation and embed Ensure Quality Product mandatory process;
- Support Green House Gas sampling and data acquisition for reasonable assurance compliance;
- Provide process chemistry expertise to mitigate solids deposition and ensure flow assurance.
On a wider level, you’ll be supervising lab chemistry operations where you will be managing the lab and field chemistry operations while delivering high-quality data and maintaining applicable certifications for all labs in the West Asset.
What we need from you:
We’re keen to hear from passionate individuals who possess good leadership, investigative and interpersonal skills. A professional with awareness of relevant safety procedures, practices, and statutory requirements. Beyond that, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- University graduate in Sciences; preferably Chemistry;
- Significant experience in cognate E&P experience in oilfield production chemistry;
- Good understanding of oil and gas export terminal operations, hydrocarbon value chain, emulsion and produced water treatment;
- Work schedule: 14/14.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in Process Chemistry and Flow Assurance within the oil & gas industry.
Work Location: Forcados