Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation, and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions, the company plays a pioneering role.
Field Service Engineer – Gas Turbine Controls-Mechanical.
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative, resident engineer and deals with customer service assignments including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work, call-out services and commissioning activities on Gas Turbines products line and packages.
Under general direction and instructions, independently determines and develops approaches to solutions to customer requirements and problems.
Health, Safety, and Environmental: Understands and complies with Siemens and customer safety policies and procedures. Ensure the work permit system is complied with. Ensure a safe site and practices. Participate by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings. Suggest safety improvements.
Quality: Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacturer’s recommendations and good practices.
Analyzing: Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the categories of maintenance on the products and various equipment associated with the primary package.
Project Monitoring: Must be able to recognize abnormal sounds vibrations and potential safety problems at inception and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard that could develop to equipment damage or loss of production. Provide timely and daily reports to the relevant manager on on-going projects or daily work. Keep abreast of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects. Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
Reporting: Accurate feedback and communication to pre-planned report format. Keep and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency. Co-ordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required. Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable to customer representatives.
Problems: Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems. Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely manner and at a nominal cost. Master all procedures and available options of identifying sources of information and technical advice. Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
Scheduling: Provide short to medium term scheduling of personnel and materials required for smooth routine maintenance and commissioning of plant.
Timing: Adequate strategy of engaging operations in releasing equipment in a timely manner for maintenance. Will be, required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
· Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out within company policy, manufacturers’ recommendations and in a safe manner
· Ensure major interventions are planned, executed on schedule and within commercial orders.
· Will have served on recognized gas turbine product lines as lead and/or having long period of continuous occupation as gas turbines controls/mechanical engineer.
· Will possess a technical qualification e.g. Engineering Degree, preferably in Electrical and
· Will have min 0f 10 years experience in a related industry. Higher experience/skill levels may balance lower academic qualifications and vice versa.
· Experience in an onshore/offshore environment is essential.
· Strong rotating equipment background will be an asset.
· Familiarity with Gas Turbine engine theory, packages systems theory and operational will be an asset.
· Will hold and maintain a full offshore medical and survival certificate to suit all areas of assignment.