FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microloan application on Android, and we are currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We have disbursed close to 500,000 microloans and give more than 5000 loans daily. We are backed by top-notch US/EU investors and have raised 15m EUR + Venture Capital supporting our growth.
We are a team of 60 between Paris and Lagos in Engineering (Android, Data, Backend), Product, Marketing, Customer Service and Operations.
Job Position: Software Engineer At Fairmoney
- Contract Type: Full-Time
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria ()
- Education Level: Master’s Degree
- Experience: > 3 years
You will be working as our Software Engineer in our Tech Division which is now composed of 11 people worldwide. You will be based in Lagos and working with our engineering team based in Paris.
Your mission is to develop new features for our customers based in emerging countries in order to improve the services of our Android application. Your goal is to build the new digital bank for emerging countries.
We are waiting for you to work on :
- To develop new features (ex: wallet),
- To decrease the time spent fixing and maintaining already shipped features,
- To improve an infrastructure which can handle 2M clients.
🔧 Our technical stack
- Our customer product is an android application;
- It communicates with a Ruby on Rails backend (sikekiq, rspec);
- Our ML pipeline is an API-flask (Python);
- We are hosted on AWS: we use Elastic Beanstalk, an RDS Aurora MySQL database, S3, Kinesis (data-stream, firehose);
- A prototype of a data warehouse on GCP (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer);
- We have automated tests that run on Travis.
- You have 3 – 10 years of experience in backend,
- You have an Engineering or University Diploma in computer science (we are also open to self-taught with 5 years experience in computer engineering),
- You are able to code in a backend language (Ruby on Rails or Python or node.js or Go or Php or Java…)
- You have knowledge with AWS or GCP cloud providers,
- You are able to go to the most efficient solution,
- You know how to take initiatives.