The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Electrician I
Job Location: Ibadan – Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Maintain all electrical installations both domestic and industrial
- Repair light switches, switch socket, cooling fan, switchgear, electric iron, water heater (gas and electrical), fluorescent fittings, extractor fan, security light, floor machine, etc
- Maintain and repair streetlight within the institute
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- O’level Certificate or Trade Test II/Artisan certificate with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in performing similar or related roles.
- Good knowledge of electrical technician works.
- Be honest, hardworking and have the ability to work under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of the current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.