The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Administrative Officer At The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Ref No.: IITA-HR-NRS2020-011
Job Locations: Yola-Adamawa, Abuja & Borno
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
The successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in day to day Activity administrative duties
- Provide logistical support for all Activity trainings, seminars, and workshops
- Keep an inventory of office equipment and supplies
- Assist in the preparation of requests for internal purchases and Purchase Orders of office stationery, machineries, and assist in the following up and handling of purchases/oracle requests
- Assist in basic financial record posting and verification on the budget
- Coordinate and implement office procedures for smooth-running and effective office functioning
- Maintain an effective filing system and safekeeping of confidential documents
- Arrange appointments and meetings for Activity staff
- Retrieve information, data and documents for Activity Experts
- Prepare administrative and financial reports
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc HND in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration or related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel Word and PowerPoint).
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment.
- Have ability to multitask and work effectively within strict deadlines.
- Have ability to deliver accurate and timely reports.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines. Have good command of English Language.
- Have ability to communicate in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is an advantage.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.