The Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) is the foremost independent scientific body in Nigeria. It is a national not-for-profit organization with the mission of strengthening the nation’s ability to deliver the fruits of science to society by the acquisition, growth, and dissemination of sound scientific knowledge, and facilitation of Its use in solving major national problems.
Position Title: Programme Officer.
Job Station: Nigeria.
Programme Officer job opportunity is available at Nigerian Academy of Science (NAS) for individuals who possess first degree in Science.
- Initiates, monitors, controls, and closes specific projects / programs of the Academy (which have the overall objective of gathering evidence to inform policies and programs)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Manages projects / programs
- Manages projects from initiation to completion (includes budget preparation, sourcing of resource persons – e.g. speakers, consultants, fellows etc. for the project / program).
- Controls and monitors project execution; ensuring that deliverables are timely and project is completed within time, scope and budget.
- Performs project documentation – report writing and editing of completed projects.
- Fund-raising – involved in writing fund raising letters and visits to possible funders for proposed projects.
- Research / proposal writing
- Writes proposals (including budgetary and concept notes for grants)
- Assists with the preparation of graphics and presentations
- Conducts background research on topics for current and proposed studies / projects
- Conducts database, website and literature review in national and international publications
- Checks facts and references for report and journal publications
- Identifies and gathers research materials as directed
- Facilitates flow of information among programme staff, fellows, external experts, consultants etc.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- A good first degree in Science – qualification(s) in Agricultural Sciences and or postgraduate degree(s) may be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant post-qualification experience; at least 1 of which must have been spent in a program management role in a donor funded initiative.
- Scientific knowledge
- Alliance management
- Conflict resolution
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Scientific advocacy and policy knowledge
- Work planning skills
- Team work and collaboration
- Innovation and creativity
- Critical thinking
APPLY BEFORE :-
10th March, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume (Prepared as a Microsoft Word document) to: email@example.com using the reference code: Programme Officer – Your surname & initials, e.g Programme Officer – Akoka K.Q”as subject of the email.
Note: All applications will be treated with strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.