The Sanitation and Water for All (SWA) global partnership is looking for freelance journalists worldwide!
Duty Stations: Home-based – Countries partners of SWA
Are you passionate about water, sanitation, hygiene (WASH)? Are you interested in bringing out the stories from your community? Then help us put a human face to WASH-related issues.
This is what you need to apply for this role:
- Experience in journalism and in developing engaging and impactful content
- Experience in conducting interviews on potentially sensitive topics
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear and articulate way
- Ability to take quality photographs and videos and basic editing skills
- Basic research and analytical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of local trends and policies related to water and sanitation is highly desirable
- Identify, research and pitch story ideas or WASH-related news to the SWA Communications team
- Write news, feature stories for the SWA website to raise the profile of water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) issues at the national and local levels.
- Conduct interviews, including filming videos, to capture SWA partner interventions in the country
- Liaise with SWA Communications team to respond to its production needs
- Travel, if needed, to cover stories and events by SWA Secretariat/partners
- Adhere to SWA code of conduct while dealing with human subjects to seek their permission for any story/interview
- Detail-oriented and driven to achieve results
- Treats all individuals with respect, and responds sensitively to the differences
- Communicates effectively and in an open manner
- Sets high levels of quality and productivity for self
Education and Experience
- Completion of University-level education is a minimum requirement.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant journalism-related work experience.
Apply today! Send us your CV, a letter of interest (350 words maximum), and at least 3 copies of your work (written content/photographs/video) at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th February 2020 before midnight Copenhagen time (CET).
Applications received after the closing date/time will not be considered. Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Public Relations