SIFAX Offdock Nigeria Limited was established in 2004 to efficiently operate offdock facilities and services of the Group. With the terminal located within two minutes drive from both the Apapa and Tin Can Island ports, SIFAX offdock is strategically located and accessible to the major ports from where it easily receives cargo as a temporary hold and provides easy exit for custom-cleared cargoes to any part of the country.
The terminal has a huge capital investment outlay in digital and modern terminal facilities, automated handling equipment, as well as the latest Information and Communications Technology and security devices. In addition to well trained private security personnel and local arrow men, we also have well-armed mobile policemen to provide 24-hours daily security network services to ensure absolute safety of cargo, facilities and human life. For more about the Sifax Group visit our website http://bit.ly/2UFjXAh
Role: Truck Drivers Sifax Group
Location: SIFAX Haulage, Ijora
The Driver is responsible for providing secure and timely driving services to the company, Transport products and materials to locations where needed. They ensure the safety and protection of staff and products at all time.
- Performs daily inspection of all trucks/vehicles to ensure cleanliness, functionality and safety. Report any issue to logistics officer
- Maintains regular logbook documentation and ensuring that the log is properly filled
- Presentation of logbook every Monday morning to logistics officer for vehicle report
- The driver will be responsible for driving either a truck/pool car or may be assigned to a manager depending on the need
- Maintain records of servicing, repairs and document renewal due date on the vehicle assigned to you
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff and materials to and from places as instructed by supervisor or the manager
- Ensure that trucks/vehicles are kept in perfect condition and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle.
- Report any mechanical issue affecting the truck/vehicle at any point
- Carry out routine checks on trucks/vehicles and ensure they are sound
- Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate time, as well as refuelling the car(s)
- Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the logistics officer or the department head
- Dress professionally and in accordance with company’s dress code
- Age Limit – From 30-54years only
- Years of experience – a minimum of 5 years as a truck driver
- Brand of truck to be familiar with – IVECO and any European trucks
- Must be conversant with Nigerian roads and traffic signs
- Ability to drive containerize and articulated trucks
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Must possess good eyesight
- Flexible working hours.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice
- Understanding of advanced road signs and processes
- Working knowledge of Nigerian routes
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Good Customer relationship and service skills
- Physically fit and able to move slightly heavy object
Submit CV in person to 210/212, Moshood Abiola Way, Ijora, Apapa, Lagos