Tetra Tech International Development is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Office Administrator At Tetra Tech International Development
Job Location: Jigawa
- We are recruiting for an Office Administrator to manage the administrative functions of the office in Jigawa for Coffey Nigeria Limited and WYG Limited.
- Based in Jigawa, this position works together with the Northern Operations Team to manage all administrative functions of the state office in Jigawa and while ensuring compliance with company standards.
This is a full-time role providing administrative, operational, financial and procurement responsibilities including:
- Coordinating the day-to-day logistics management (travel movement, hotels, cars, organizing meetings and events) in line with project requirements, and in line with company and DFID procedures.
- Identifying and managing service providers and negotiating rates as required.
- Assisting in preparation of purchase orders (PO) and agreements and maintaining respective billing records.
- Ensuring all expected goods are received, in accordance with PO, specifications, and in good condition.
- Ensuring the adequate provision of appropriate IT equipment and support.
- Providing guidance to the intervention teams on budgeting for logistics.
- Handling all activities related to assets, maintenance and services of the state office in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Ensuring that administrative matters are handled expeditiously in a professional and courteous manner.
- Procurement, storage, inventory and disbursement of office supplies, kitchen consumables, and cleaning items.
- Assisting in managing all events (workshops, seminars, and conferences) for all clients in the state.
- Regular inspection of the office building, premises, furniture and equipment to ensure they are in good working condition and making arrangements for routine maintenance as the need arises.
- Ensuring that the costs of expenditures are controlled.
- Managing the office generator, ensuring that sufficient fuel is available.
- Recommending methods and procedures to improve the functioning of the State office.
- Daily management of the vehicle fleet and car hire requests for the State.
- Maintaining accurate records for all vehicles on repairs, accidents, registration etc.
- Ensuring driver’s adherence to Journey management SOPs including monitoring of car tracking systems.
- Assisting with performing other duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or a closely related field,
- At least 5 years’ experience in development projects or in the public or private sectors in Northern Nigeria
- Experience in project management planning;
- Budget management, stakeholders and event management experience,
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English and Hausa,
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Experience operating a computer including using Word and Excel at an advanced level
- Experience managing an office.
- The position will be based in Jigawa
- Some travel and out of hours work may be required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Package to email@example.com stating “Office Administrator, Jigawa” in the subject line of the email.
Your application package should include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience requirements;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees.
- Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience requirements of the position will be contacted. If you do not meet these, you need not apply.
- Applications received after the aforementioned time will not be considered.