Watu Credit is a dynamic fast-growing non-bank finance company that harnesses technology to offer both secured and unsecured lending primarily via mobile services. Headquartered in Mombasa (Kenya), Watu Credit aims to become the leading African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner. The Company commenced its business operations in July 2015 with expansion into Uganda and Nigeria in 2019. Our clear vision is to be the best provider of short and medium-term loan products tailored to the exact needs of our target customers and delivered through mobile technology.
To manage the rapid growth, we are looking for dynamic and hardworking individuals to join our team as Portfolio Quality Officers (Debt Collector – Calling section), to be trained in our IBADAN office for 2-3 months and eventual posting in our LAGOS office.
Monitoring and control of payments of asset-backed finance portfolio.
- Monitoring and payment control of an assigned portfolio of clients using Company software.
- Ensuring clients’ adherence to payment schedules through pro-active follow-up calls and reminders.
- In the case of clients overdue, identifying and implementing the most efficient debt recovery methods and techniques.
- Following up on phone calls with overdue clients to ensure the debtor’s accounts are up to date.
- Maintaining records about clients’ financial status, reporting daily to the management.
- Developing and strengthening client relationships, regularly updating clients on Company policies and new products, providing tailor-made financial solutions through the range of products offered by the Company.
- Providing training and sharing knowledge with Interns/Trainees employed by the Company.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the management.
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related studies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in Debt Collection preferred (at least 1 year)
- Strong analytical power & problem-solving.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work independently.
- Good PC skills
- Fluent English and Yoruba (spoken, written).
HOW TO APPLY
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit Cover Letter, detailed CV, earliest start date and wage expectation to email@example.com
- Please make sure your present location is clearly stated in the application