Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds the capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Auditor – Audit Service at Pact West Africa (Abuja)
Open To: All qualified candidates
- Pact, established in 1971, is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA and has been working in Nigeria since 2005 to strengthens local capacity, forge effective governance systems and transforms markets into a force for development. Pact has presence in 29 countries around the world working in Health, Livelihoods, Conflict Resolution, Governance, and Access to Markets, Capacity Development and Natural Resource Management.
- In Nigeria (where it is registered as Pact West Africa), Pact has worked to build the organizational capacity of institutions; including civil society and community based organizations to improve maternal, newborn and child health; address the needs of Orphaned and Vulnerable Children (OVC), mitigate the spread of people living with HIV/AIDS, and artisanal miners in over 20 states across all the six geo political zones. Pact has also worked with more than 110 local organizations, community groups, and government agencies who now demonstrate measurable improved performance following Pact’s capacity development approach.
- Pact is currently working on a USAID funded project called ACHIEVE project where we provide Technical Assistances to the 4 ICHSAA Partners in the areas of curriculum development, Policy guidelines and reviews and capacity development. We are also a part of a consortium working on a USAID-funded project MOMENTUM Country Governance and Leadership Project.
- We worked previously with Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) in Gombe state in North-East Nigeria to support the strengthening of government health systems, ELAPC Project in Taraba State Engaging Local Actors for Promoting Peaceful Coexistence between Herders and Famers, also as a partner on the United State Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Coordinating Comprehensive Care for Children Project, Pact West Africa trained over 32,000 state and local health officials, and provided technical support to LGAs to improve budgeting and advocacy abilities, as well as create links between government agencies and civil society organizations and the private sector, Pact West Africa helps communities gain lasting benefits from natural resources by using them more sustainably.
- We have a Direct Aid Program (DAP) funded by the Australian Embassy, Pact West Africa introduced safer methods for artisanal surface miners by increasing awareness of mercury and related health concerns in the mining population and providing solutions for the mining community to alleviate mercury poisoning in Zamfara State.
- Pact West Africa Limited by Guarantee is currently seeking proposals from qualified and reputable firms of chartered Accountants to provide audit services to the Nigeria Country office (C0). The Proposed engagement is expected to cover 1 year starting October 2020 and ending September 2021 and request for a tax clearance certificate for the year 2021.
Objectives and Scope of the Audit:
- The objective of the audit of Pact’s financial statements is to enable the auditor to express an independent professional opinion as to whether the financial statements in all material respect present a true and fair view of Pacts state of affairs, in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other relevant regulations in Nigeria.
- The book of accounts provides the basis for preparation of Pacts Financial Statements and is established to reflect the financial transactions in respect of the project. Pact maintains adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for transactions relevant for the preparation and presentation of financial statements.
- The audit will be conducted in accordance with the international Auditing standards and will include tests and verification procedures as the auditors deem necessary.
- All funds have been used in accordance with the conditions of relevant financing agreements, with due attention to economy and efficiency, and only for the purposes in which financing was provided.
- Appropriate Supporting documents, records, and books of accounts relating to all activities have been kept. Clear linkages exist between the books of accounts and the financial statements presented.
- The financial statements have been prepared by Pacts management in accordance with applicable accounting standards and give a true and fair view of the financial position of Pact and its receipts and expenditures for the period ended on that date.
- Comprehensive assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the accounting and overall internal control system to monitor expenditures and other financial transactions.
- Express an opinion as to the reasonableness of the financial statements in all material respects.
- Include in their reports opinions on compliance with procedures designed to provide reasonable assurance of detecting misstatements due to error or fraud that are material in the financial statements.
- Upon completion of the audit, the audit firm will be expected to request a tax clearance certificate for the year 2021.
In addition to the audit report, the auditors will prepare a Management letter, in which the auditor will:
- Give comments and observations on the accounting records, procedures, systems and controls that were examined during the course of the audit.
- Report on the degree of compliance for financial covenants in the financing agreement and give comments, if any, on the internal and external matters affecting such compliance.
- Identify specific deficiencies and areas of weaknesses in systems and controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Communicate matters that have come to their attention during the audit which might have a significant impact on the sustainability of the organization.
- The Auditors upon completion of the audit work will submit 5 (five) original hard copies and a soft copy of the Audit report appended to the financial statements along with the reports to the attention of the Country director.
- Management letter in accordance with the scope of work described above.
- Provide tax clearance certificate for the year 2021.
Auditor – Audit Service at Pact West Africa (Abuja)
Interested firms must meet the following Criteria:
- Evidence of Valid Practicing License issued by the relevant professional body.
- Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- The Firms Profile, including professional qualifications of key staff, experience with respect to similar successful previous engagements.
- Audited accounts of the firm for this year 2021.
- Evidence of valid tax clearance certificates for the year 2021.
- Demonstrable experience in the audit of an international Non-Governmental Organization (INGO). At least 3 years
- The proposal should have a detailed and general background of the firm including a brief assessment of what our needs are and how your firm proposes to meet those needs.
- Details of your firm’s experience in the audit of INGOs.
- Details of the staff who would be assigned to the audit, including partner, manager and any other key staff including years of experience especially in INGO audit.
- Details of your approach to auditing the CO including an outline of the audit plan defining the timeline of the varying facets of the audit engagement.
- Details of your proposed fee for the annual audit and the basis of any additional charges. This should contain information about the hourly rates of all staff involved, anticipated time input of different staff, position of staff and the total number of days/weeks which will be allocated to the audit.
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs) should be provided by the principal of the firm of auditors who would be responsible for signing the opinion, together with the CVs of managers, supervisors and key personnel proposed as part of the audit team. The CVs should include details on audit carried out by the applicable staff, including ongoing assignments indicating capability and capacity to undertake the audit.
- Details of how your firm can add value to the CO in terms of other advice that could be made available to support on relevant issues such as risk, governance and statutory compliance.
Application Closing Date
20th September 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Audit firms should submit their technical and financial proposal on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV/ Resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the Services applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail (E.g. Proposal to Provide Annual Audit Services for Pact West Africa).
- Note that only short-listed Audit Firms will be contacted