The Canon Collins Trust is sponsoring scholarships for a Masters of Commerce in Applied Development Economics at the University of the Witwatersrand in 2022, in collaboration with the University of the Witwatersrand and the Institute of Economic Justice. These scholarships are designed to help extraordinary people who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and who are pursuing a postgraduate degree.
We offer funding towards your Masters’s course, an opportunity to enhance your networks and strengthen your leadership skills through organized events, and a 6-month paid internship at the Institute of Economic Justice, a progressive economics think tank committed to building a more just economy.
Masters level programs at Wits University.
Commerce in Applied Development Economics
What is Canon Collins Scholarship Value?
The scholarship is valued at R60,000
South Africa, Namibia, or Zimbabwe
Eligible applicants must:
- be a resident national of South Africa, Namibia or Zimbabwe;
- be applying for a full-time Masters of Commerce in Applied Development Economics at the University of the Witwatersrand in 2022;
- hold an honours’ level academic qualification with a minimum grade point average of 75%, or be in their final year of Honours study in the year of the application;
- demonstrate a commitment to apply their skills and qualifications to advancing social justice, and promoting equitable economic development that realises socio-economic rights;
- be available to undertake a 6-month paid internship at the Institute of Economic Justice immediately after completion of study.
When applications open, the online application form can be accessed here.
Comprehensive instructions are provided online to guide you through the application
process. All sections of the form must be completed before submitting. Information can be
saved and edited prior to submission.
The following supporting documentation must be uploaded with your application:
• Copy of degree certificates, if available
• Certified academic transcripts
• ID document (the following are acceptable: passport, birth certificate, driver’s license)
• Two recent payslips, if currently employed
Applications close 15:00 BST on Mon, 9th August 2021.
Late applications will not be considered.