Chief Regional Security & Safety Officer RDGC at the (AfDB) Recruitment. The African Development Bank Group (AfDB or ADB) or Banque Africaine de Développement (BAD) is a multilateral development finance institution headquartered in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, since September 2014. The AfDB is a financial provider to African governments and private companies investing in the regional member countries (RMC).
The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund, and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Chief Regional Security & Safety Officer RDGC at the (AfDB)
Job Title: Chief Regional Security & Safety Officer, RDGC
Position Number: 50076301
Location: Head Quarter or Regional
Position Grade: PL3
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat (PSEG).
The Hiring Department
- The African Development Bank’s Security Unit (PSEC) is a robust security function reporting to the President of the Bank.
- Deep global analytical capabilities combined with Africa wide security processes are in place in order to provide the full spectrum of security services to the Bank.
- Security Unit detects, deters and reacts to a broad range of risks spanning the security spectrum; physical; political, information and reputational risks around the globe are monitored closely to address the changing security dynamic.
- Our security requirements include risk analysis, training, coordination with outside actors and implementation of security programs at the strategic, operational and tactical levels.
- The Chief Regional Security & Safety Officer will be responsible for leading the delivery of security and safety services to the region.
- The incumbent will provide expertise and specialized support on all aspects of security and safety in the region based on International Standards and Bank Guidelines.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Head Of Security Unit, the Chief Regional Security & Safety Officer will:
- Provide security advice for the Director General and all leadership personnel in assigned Field Offices
- Participate in the creation of corporate policies, strategies, standards and guidelines for Security and Safety
- Ensure corporate policies, strategies, standards and guidelines for Security and Safety are implemented
- Monitor the effectiveness of policies, standards and processes and take necessary action when required
- Supervise Security personnel in the Regional Resource Centre and its associated country and field offices.
Monitoring and Review:
- Threat Monitoring: Monitor and assess threats and ensure proactive measures are taken to mitigate potential risk to the AfDB operations
- Security Assessment and Review: Implement and manage a security risk and vulnerability assessment and review program to ensure the timely identification and management of threats including mitigation and prevention measures.
- Maintain close liaison with diplomatic missions (e.g. UN, NGOs), International Organisations security officers;
- Coordination and Networking with security officers / security focal points of all relevant actors in the region.
- Provide forward-looking advice and expertise on all security technology including access control, CCTV, Intrusion and security alarms.
- Emergency Plans: Develop and maintain emergency action plans to prepare for and respond to incidents including Active Shooter, civil unrest, terrorism and country evacuation.
- Regulatory compliance: Ensure that corporate operations meet and demonstrates compliance with all local security, safety and business continuity regulatory requirements.
Supply Partner Management:
- Lead the management of relationships with suppliers to help ensure the timely delivery of goods and services
- Lead the management of relationships with suppliers and the Bank’s procurement departments to ensure compliance with procurement practices and timely payment to suppliers.
Budgets and Project Management:
- Ensure the efficient use of budgets and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget to agreed standards.
- Actively identify opportunities for cost savings through simplification or cross party collaboration
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- Holds at least a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Security Management or Business Administration, Political / Social Science or International Relations, with focus on Security Management
- A minimum of 7 (Seven) years of progressive experience in coordinating security operations or in security administration within a security organization
- Professional Security Certification by an internationally recognized security institution
- Certification or completed training in: Weapons Proficiency, Convoy Driving, Defense Driving and Close Protection.
- Experience in managing multiple and divers military, police or security units operating in a conflict or post conflict environment
- Good assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex tasks independently
- High level of experience in developing security related technical tools guidelines and systems.
- Ability to teach basic personal safety and security landmine safety and awareness.
- Communication – Provides clear and concise oral and written communication; presents oral information with clarity and appropriate style and adapts language and style to suit the requirements of a particular audience
- Problem Solving – Applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Straight forward. Not afraid to tell the truth especially up the chain of command or when it might make one unpopular. Honest in word and deed in order to build confidence and trust with subordinates.
- Courageous. Fair minded and resists the temptation to “manage upwards” in order to look out for the best interests of the working masses. Resists pressures and has the will power to stand up for subordinates when required.
- Loyal. Both to subordinates and superiors. Enjoys engaging with subordinates, then promotes growth and upward movement of team members. Takes responsibility when things go wrong and initiates corrective actions without blaming others for team failures. Empowers surbordinates and peers with loyalty and transparency.
- Calm. Even tempered under pressure. Does not panic or hide during a crisis but stands up and takes a leadership role by managing both people and processes no matter how difficult the situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
9th October 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Apply for this Position
- If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position.
- If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position.
- This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct via: HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required.
- The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications).
- In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever .
- “Please note that the Bank does not accept dual nationality. Therefore, you are required to declare the nationality you would like to be considered by the Bank throughout your career, if hired. Please upload supporting Government issued IDs such as passport, National Identity Card or Certificate etc.”