Candidates from developing countries with at least two years of work experience (obtained after completion of the first degree or first professional qualification) and a Bachelor’s Degree with honors (240ECTS/4 years) or equivalent are eligible for a DAAD scholarship (German Academic Exchange Service).
- Tropical Medicine and Public Health (core course)
- Designing Managing Evaluating Projects
- Health Economics
Candidates from Botswana, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda.
What is the age limit for DAAD scholarship?
No, there is usually no fixed age limit. There are individual exceptions in programmes in which this is explicitly requested by an international partner.
Can I apply for the DAAD scholarship for the subject I studied?
DAAD offers scholarship programmes that are generally open to all subjects, although certain restrictions apply to some subjects (e.g. medicine). There are also subject-specific programmes.
What is the procedure for the DAAD Scholarship for Master of Science in International Health application:
If you would like to apply for a DAAD scholarship, please submit the following documents as hard copies in the following order:
1. Application for Research Grants and Study Scholarships: official DAAD application form
2. hand-signed CV (please use the Europass format
3. hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) (max. one page)
4. research proposal for a suggested Master thesis project – please note that your research proposal for the DAAD application is in no way binding in terms of your thesis project for our programme. This proposal will just help us to assess your application. Given that DAAD scholarship holders follow a pre-defined track and will therefore undertake their research Project either at Khon Kaen University (Thailand) or at National Institute of Public Health in Mexico, thesis topics will only be discussed with the DAAD candidate once they have been accepted into our programme. For the DAAD application, please draft.
4. academic letter(s) of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
5. professional letter(s) of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
6. confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and, if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home.
7. proof of language abilities:
English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted)
8. certified copies of awarded academic degrees
9. certified copies of academic transcripts.
What is the Deadline for application DAAD EPOS Scholarships?
15 October 2021