Applications are welcome for the postdoc scholarship 2021. DAAD scholarship offer graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study. The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
DAAD is a private, federally funded, and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) .
Daad Scholarship Benefits
These are the daad benefits you are entitled to when you qualify for the postgraduate program.
- A monthly payment of 861 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family.
What can be funded/field of study?
In this study programme, you can complete
- a Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification, or
- a complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification (not an undergraduate course)
at a state or state-recognized German university of your choice.
This program only funds projects in the artistic field of the Performing Arts (Drama, Theatre Directing/Theatre Dramaturgy, Musicals, Performance Studies, Dance, Choreography). Other DAAD scholarship programs are available for applicants from the fields of Theatre and Dance Studies or for artists with a scientific project.
What is DAAD stands for?
The German Academic Exchange Service, or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst), was founded in 1925 and is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation.
How can I get scholarship from DAAD?
To get the scholarship as an applicant you have to meet the requirements and then visit the DAAD portal to complete the application.
Eligibility for the DAAD Postdoc Scholarship 2021
- Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the field of the Performing Arts.
- Applicants must have a first degree from a recognized university.
A monthly payment of 861 euros
Deadline of application:
Method of application
Applicant are expected to complete the application via the official website