Apply for Development Alternatives Incorporated Recruitment 2021 – (3 Positions). DAI (Development Alternatives Incorporated) is a global development firm. We’ve been at the forefront of international development for more than 45 years, confronting fundamental social and economic development issues created by inefficient markets, poor governance, and instability. DAI is currently delivering meaningful outcomes in over 80 countries.
By bringing together innovative combinations of talent and innovation across different disciplines, our development solutions turn ideas into effect. International development agencies, international financing institutions, private enterprises, and philanthropies, as well as national governments, are among our clientele.
Development Alternatives Incorporated Recruitment 2021 – (3 Positions)
Latest DAI Recruitment 2021 Positions:
Job Title: Manager – Taxes & Statutory Payments
Reports to: The Finance and Accounts Director
- H/she is responsible for the timely and efficient management of tax and all statutory payments for DAI in Nigeria and payroll management.
- In addition, h/she is accountable for providing regular financial information in compliance with Group guidelines and local financial reporting regulations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Review and process monthly Withholding Tax (WHT) and Value Added Tax (VAT) schedule into the proper tax location, tax types, tax categories, taxpayer entities, and tax amounts.
- Ensure accurate Company Income Tax (CIT) and Education Tax (ET) computations.
- Review and process monthly payroll tax (PAYE) inputs into the proper tax location, tax types, tax categories, taxpayer entities, and tax amounts.
- Ensure timely filing of tax returns to all relevant states.
- Ensure all taxes are paid as at when due.
- Ensure tax clearance certificates are obtained for staff & WHT credit notes for consultants.
- Maintain a cordial relationship with all relevant tax authorities and manage all audit queries from the tax authorities.
- Provide tax advisory support to DAI Nigeria and all DAI Nigeria projects as required.
- Monthly reconciliation of taxes on QuickBooks (accounting software)
- Management of statutory payments
- Ensure proper and timely remittances of all non-tax statutory obligations – Pensions, NHF, NSITF and ITF.
- Ensure timely filing of statutory returns while managing any queries on statutory remittances when required.
- Maintain cordial relationships with all relevant statutory agencies in charge of such payments.
- Oversee timely & accurate processing of payroll
- Timesheet analysis and labour utilization reconciliation.
- Review all payroll deductions and remittance reports.
- Review GL reconciliations and analysis of payroll earnings, deduction & taxes.
- Review payroll related reports.
- Support HR & Benefits while managing queries arising from payroll.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any finance related field.
- A minimum of 6 – 8 years of work experience in a similar role
- Fully qualified accountant –ACA, ACCA, CIMA and CITN
- Masters; degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics is an added advantage
- Strong competencies in using robust accounting software such as QuickBooks, PeachTree and/or Oracle.
- Applicants with experience from any of the big accounting firms is an additional advantage
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end closeout process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Solid knowledge of VAT, PAYE, WHT, CIT and all relevant tax laws
- Demonstrable numerical proficiency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Consummate and committed professional.
Application Closing Date
24th September 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Officer
Reports to: Senior Accountant – General Ledger & Accounts Receivable
- The Accounts Payable Officer reports to the Senior Accountant, General Ledger & Accounts Receivable.
- H/she is responsible for the recording, verifying, processing and payment of vendor invoices accurately and promptly.
- In addition, h/she provides financial, administrative and clerical support to the Account and Financial unit.
In addition, the responsibility includes;
- Disbursement, maintaining, monitoring of petty cash and float for petty expenses.
- Preparation of payment vouchers.
- Reconciliation of creditors and debtors accounts on QuickBooks (accounting software), as well as the posting of supplier and consultant invoices on QuickBooks.
- Managing supplier and consultant invoice records on SharePoint.
- Preparation of payment schedules and upload on banking portal.
- Responsible for posting petty cash vouchers, retirement vouchers & refund vouchers into QuickBooks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any finance-related field.
- Interested candidates should have between 2 – 4 years of working experience as an Account Officer/Assistant role.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as Sage, FreshBooks, QuickBooks) is compulsory.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines, determine priorities, organize work to meet objectives, and identify and deal with problems.
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external parties and internal colleague
Application Closing Date
23rd September 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
- More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com
Job Title: Oracle Analyst
Job Code: 5916
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Work Location: Serbia
Hiring entity: DAI Global LLC Representative Office in Belgrade or Regional Corporate Office
Reports to: Director, MIS
The function of the Position
- This position will provide ‘techno-functional’ production support for the HMG and EU business units. The primary focus will be daily EBS 12.1.3 post production support with a secondary focus on Oracle Cloud support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oracle EBS 12.1.3 production support
- Provide day to day application and technical support to business end-users to troubleshoot issues encountered in Oracle.
- Primary focus will be troubleshooting/supporting EBS 12.1.3 issues.
- Identifying persistent problems and work with key stakeholders to address the root causes.
- Coordinate with hosting and support partners to log and resolve issues.
- Log and track Oracle Service Requests (SRs) as necessary.
- Develop functional and technical design documents to include detailed data mapping documentation, unit testing, and migration documents.
- Responsible for unit and integration testing of development work.
- Troubleshoot, Oracle reports (both seeded and custom) alerts, workflows, extensions, and personalizations.
- Oracle Cloud application development.
- Additional duties may be assigned depending on evolving business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of functional Oracle experience or 3 years of functional Oracle experience and a Masters Degree.
- Candidates must be available to support / work in the GMT timezone.
- Ability to research, troubleshoot and support complex system customizations.
- SQL skills are mandatory (familiar with tools such as TOAD, SQL Developer desired).
- Two years of experience in a customer support role.
- A ‘customer service’ mentality with the confidence to lead by example.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of professional integrity and a positive ‘can-do’ approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Work effectively within a team and display good communication skills.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience with automation and simplification of tasks.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Financials and Projects.
- Technical knowledge of Oracle EBS 12.1.3, specifically in the Financial modules (GL, AP, AR, FA, CM, iExpense, Procurement, and iProcurement).
- Experience in Oracle Projects Costing & Billing module is ideal.
- One or more years of experience with Oracle Cloud (Financials and Projects).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
- DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
- DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.