Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
Finance Associate at Greenlight Planet
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Finance Manager, Nigeria
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia.
- If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- The Accounts Associate will be responsible for the Account Payable and Account Receivable Functions of Greenlight Planet Sun King Nigeria Limited.
- Booking of Easy-Buy revenue and Easy-Buy accounting on a daily basis.
- Collating and processing of all agent’s variable and fixed based compensation/incentive
- Responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations of Cash, Bank and Mobile Money Accounts.
- Confirmation of Customer Receipts and follow up on Customer Accounts that are overdue.
- Maintaining filing systems of all accounting and finance documents and vouchers in a manner that ensures ease in retrieval and reference.
- Attending to retailers/distributors payment issues and following up for closure
- Responding to all issues arising from payment from different channels timely.
- Reconciliation and adjustment of accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions and subsequent matching of the same.
- Verifying vendor and customer accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Disbursing petty cash by recording entry, and verifying documentation
- Assisting in the filing of VAT Returns and WHT as well as a reconciliation of the same
- Account reconciliation with payments done via online stores including Jumia, Konga, Flutterwave etc.
Who we are looking for
The ideal Finance Associate:
- Has a Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related qualification
- Has 2-3 years’ Accounts Payable or General Accounting Experience
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong Analytical and Communication skills
- Is a team player and proactive to learn.
- Must be honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work with strict deadlines; with minimal or no supervision.
- Is highly proficient in Data Entry and Management.
- Is fluent in both written and spoken English language.
Benefits we offer
- Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Application Closing Date
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: