Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the University of Cambridge USA 2021-2022. The scholarship allows for a Postgraduate, MSc/MLitt, Ph.D. level program(s) in the field of some Subjects offered at Cambridge University. The deadline for the scholarship is open.
About University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge has attracted many of the very best minds since 1209.
Today the University has grown to around 20,000 students, 7,500 of whom are graduate students. Of those graduate students, 50% come from overseas, and over 40% are women. The University and its Colleges are spread throughout the city.
Consistently ranked among the top universities in both national and international league tables, the University of Cambridge offers a world-leading graduate education. With a global outlook and reach, our mission is to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning, and research at the highest international levels of excellence.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
Each year Gates Cambridge offers c.80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to Ph.D. students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
Level of Degree:
Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the University of Cambridge 2021 is available to undertake Postgraduate, MSc/MLitt, Ph.D. level programs at Cambridge University.
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
- the University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,848 for 12 months at the 2021-22 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
Nationalities that are Eligible:
Criteria for Eligibility:
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- One year postgraduate course (with some exceptions)
How to apply
Watch the University’s short overview film about applying for postgraduate admission and funding and then read below about specific requirements for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
Wednesday 13 October 2021