- Computer & Network Security
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, Trilogy. Have you got what it takes?
We are looking for the world’s brightest new graduates to join our two-year software engineering fellowship program beginning Autumn 2021. If you want to tackle some of the most pressing problems in our industry and create innovative solutions for our customers, join us. Unlike others, we mean it when we say this job is entry-level: You should graduate in 2020 or 2021 with a computer science degree; no work experience required.
What You Will Be Doing
- Diving into a new business problem every 6-8 weeks, building understanding by interviewing product owners and customers and doing industry research
- Determining the “what” and the “how” to solve your problem — you’re the owner, so this is up to you!
- Conducting weekly experiments — writing code, reviewing outcomes, debugging, logging your learnings, and planning the next experiment
- Delivering your prototypes and deployments to real customers
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Doing repetitive tasks: We are looking for initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit, and your work will allow you to be a creative problem solver.
- Getting it right all the time: We believe in failing fast and adapting to our learnings; you will need to embrace open feedback and be willing to grow.
- Working solo: You will work as part of a small team (2-3 people) to tackle challenges, so you must have excellent written communication and collaboration skills.
Graduate Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Invent technical solutions to complicated problems
- Make clear, simple, and technically superior design decisions
- Apply an exceptionally high-quality bar to the core technical design decisions — data structures, algorithms, architectural patterns, and the leverage of third-party implementations
- Synthesize your decisions and designs into clear, structured written specs
- Hands-on experience in coding in at least one scripting and one OOP language
- Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to approach problems analytically
- Basic understanding of system design
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences