NIAF Scholarship Program 2022-2023 USA is open to United States citizens or permanent resident aliens. The scholarship allows Undergraduate level program(s) in the field of chemical or electrical engineering, computer science, or a related field. The deadline for the scholarship is March 1, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a nationwide organization headquartered in Washington, D.C., and is the largest and most loyal representative of the more than 20 million Italian American citizens living in the United States. NIAF was founded in 1975 and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with no political affiliations.
NIAF’s two most important purposes are to encourage Italian Americans to continue keeping their culturally rich heritage and traditions alive and present, and to ensure that the entire community never forgets the great contribution that Italians have made to the history and progress of the United States. To this end, the Foundation actively collaborates with the United States Congress and the White House on all major issues affecting Italian Americans.
To celebrate the great legacy that unites us and all the objectives achieved so far, NIAF organizes its Anniversary Gala every October in Washington, D.C., which is usually attended by the President of the United States; figureheads from the political, financial, and cultural arenas; illustrious Italian Americans; and about 1,200 guests from the United States and Italy.
Level of Degree:
NIAF Scholarship Program 2022-2023 is available to undertake Undergraduate level programs.
Field of Study:
Following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Electrical engineering
- Computer science, or a related field.
The scholarship is ranging in value from $2,500 to $12,000.
Nationalities that are Eligible:
Criteria for Eligibility:
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a US accredited institution of higher education on a full time basis for the Fall 2022 semester
- Have a GPA of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 (or the equivalent). (Some scholarships require a lower GPA for eligibility. Students in a pass-fail system are also eligible.)
- Be a United States Citizen or permanent resident alien.
- Have Italian American ancestry. To be considered Italian American, the student must have at least one
ancestor who has immigrated from Italy
- Have an active NIAF Membership. Student may use their parent, guardian or grandparent’s membership.
How to apply
Below are the steps to follow for the application.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Recommendations or references required