Nordic Hotel, Lagos
at Nordic Hotels, Nigeria
About Nordic Hotels, Nigeria
Founded by a team of Danish and Nigerian entrepreneurs in 2011 when we couldn’t find accommodation that suited our needs during business trips to Nigeria.
Our first hotel, The Nordic Villa, Abuja opened in October 2011. After only two months in operation, we became number 1 on TripAdvisor and have since then been hosting thousands of happy guests. A couple of years later we opened Nordic Hotel, Abuja – a beautiful 46 room city resort. The Nordic Villa, Abuja was the first hotel in Nigeria to have been awarded with the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame Award, as an acknowledgment of a constant high level of service. The hotels have been featured in Forbes, Financial Times and have won the World Traveller Award for best boutique hotel in Nigeria. We are named the (unofficially) coolest place in Nigeria to stay by several bloggers and influencers.
This year we are set to open our third property, a 61 room boutique hotel in one of the world’s most fascinating and spectacular cities, namely the commercial capital of Nigeria, Lagos. We are bringing together a young, innovative and passionate team and we aim to shake up the hospitality industry in Lagos in the same way as we have done it in Abuja. A team of 60+ young employees will provide guests in Lagos with a unique fusion between Scandinavian design characterized by simplicity, minimalism and functionality and a home-away-from-home atmosphere – what we like to call The Nordic Feeling.
We are currently seeking a resourceful, dynamic, entrepreneurial General Manager who embodies the spirit of a modern boutique hotel and will lead the hotel while promoting The Nordic Feeling ethos and vision with passion and integrity. The GM at Nordic Hotel is a person who leads his/her team being a personal example in terms of the hours he/she works, the commitment to success, and the consistent quality of his/her efforts. Furthermore, he/she sets and reinforces high standards in small ways that quickly develop to success.
A day-in-the-life of a General Manager at Nordic Hotel, Lagos might be preparing a complex forecast spreadsheet at 10 am and at 11 am be clearing pool towels from around the hotel’s pool. At times the General Manager will be at the front desk checking in guests as well as sometimes mixing an old fashioned in the bar.
The absolute key to the success of the property is our guests’ experience and satisfaction.
- Oversee a P&L, drive revenue channel growth in alignment with company mission
- Ensure legal compliance, maximization of financial performance
- Manage the day-to-day operations and budget of the business, and meet or exceed revenue and contribution targets
- Ensuring the delivery of exceptional quality, operating standards, procedures, and policies
- Strong administration skills and being able to organize and keep track of projects, schedules, and people
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop a roadmap and key metrics for executing the Nordic Hotel, Lagos business strategy
- As a member of the Nordic Hotels Nigeria leadership team, help design the business operating system for Nordic Hotel, Lagos in partnership with the Head of Sales and Marketing and the other members of the Nordic Hotels Nigeria leadership team
- Act as a trusted advisor and facilitator of information coming into the leadership of Nordic Hotels Nigeria, exercising judgment on when topics need to be discussed and decisions need to be made
- Prepare strategic documents to present new proposals and updates for the Board of Directors, and the leadership team
- Minimum 7 years of relevant Senior Management hotel experience
- Professional troubleshooter who is not afraid of admitting he/she does not know everything
- Excellent knowledge of F&B operations and sales & marketing
- Must have a great eye for details
- Preferably a proven track record in the hospitality & hotel industry
- Preferred experience in Africa or Middle East
What We Offer
- An opportunity to lead a new boutique hotel in the biggest city in Africa
- Great company culture
- To live in a true African cosmopolitan city
- Salary will match the qualifications of the candidate
To apply, please send a video of yourself telling us a little bit about yourself and why we are the right fit for each other. Further, you should send one page motivated written application with three reasons why you should be our pick for the job. Please include your CV (max. 1 page) with references (telephone numbers).
Closing date: March 5, 2020.
For info or to apply, contact Jonas Schwarz Lausten on email@example.com. Please name the subject of the email: GM for Nordic Hotel, Lagos.
In the event you do not hear from us prior to the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Check out our hotels on www.nordichotelsnigeria.com or on Instagram: @nordichotelsng and @nordicvillaabuja
Nordic Hotel, Lagos Facts
- 61 rooms in 5 categories
- A modern contemporary restaurant with 60 seats
- Bar (indoor and pool bar)
- Conference hall – 90 guests
- 3 meeting spaces (meeting room, board room, creative meeting space)
- Saltwater pool
- Small gym for in-house guests
- Solar-powered water heating system