Oregon Consular Corps International Studies Scholarship -USA 2021, is open to International Students. The scholarship allows Undergraduate level program(s) in the field of International & Global Studies Portland State University. The deadline for the scholarship is October 31st, 2021.
About Consul members of the Oregon Consular Corps (OCC)
Consul members of the Oregon Consular Corps (OCC) are committed to improved relations, communications, understanding, and trade between nations, peoples, and regions of the world. Oregon public universities are poorly funded and fewer young people in Oregon have the opportunity to pursue their educational and career dreams. Oregon Consular Corps members remember their own educational dreams and objectives and want more students in Oregon to have the opportunity to build a better world and better lives for themselves and for others.
Level of Degree:
Oregon Consular Corps International Studies Scholarship – 2021 is available to undertake Undergraduate level programs at Portland State University.
Field of Study:
International & Global Studies
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $2,500 awards to be paid yearly.
Nationalities that are Eligible:
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be US citizen, or legal resident, or international student on student visa
- completed a minimum of 8 credit hours INTL core coursework
- declared International & Global Studies major as of Fall 2021
- junior class standing or above (90+ credits) in good academic standing
- maintain full-time status (12 credits per term) during the 2021-2022 academic year (fall, winter, and spring)
- maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Note: past recipients of the scholarship are not eligible to apply again
How to apply
- Download and fill out the OCC application form
- A current resume/CV
- A copy of your unofficial PSU transcript
- Two letters of reference: At least one letter should be from a PSU faculty member or advisor with specific knowledge of your international study, international-related work experience, volunteer experience, or school work. Please ask for your reference letters to be emailed directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application form, resume/CV, and unofficial PSU transcript must be emailed to email@example.com by the deadline below. Please send all three attachments in one email.