PwC has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We are committed to serving as a force for integrity, good sense and wise solutions to the problems facing businesses and the capital markets.
- Lead small engagement teams with responsibility for on-field team activities, coaching, supervision, etc.
- Coach less experienced team members on engagements and helps them settle into their roles in the firm.
- Apply your understanding of client’s issues to identify business opportunities for PwC and be actively involved in business development activities on respective clients and within the BU.
- Execute Quality Assurance (QA) reviews to ensure compliance with organizational policies, IIA standards, and other regulatory/other requirements.
- Support the implementation and configuration of audit management systems
Essential skills and experience
- Open-minded and open to feedback. Giving timely feedback to members of the team (including upward feedback)
- A positive approach to work effectively delegating (where possible/ relevant) work and encourages less experienced staff to ask questions and offer ideas.
- Demonstrates poise, professionalism, and maturity
- Proactive and demonstrate eagerness to learn
- Applies professional skepticism. Critically assesses client assumptions/explanations.
- Can effectively plan and design an audit approach that complies with IIA standard and PwC Audit for normal risk sections.
- Able to prepare documentation that meets the re-performance standard, is concise well thought out and easy for the reviewer to read with minimal review points and/or changes from the review.
- Ability to learn about and work with other cultures
- Understands client’s culture and politics and is able to act quickly to understand the working environment
- Takes ownership of assigned work; all tasks completed with limited follow up points and within stipulated timelines.
- Experience with internal controls and internal audit of banking institutions
- Appropriately prioritizes work and confirms understanding of priorities with field senior (prioritize based on review schedule (more complex/difficult first) and dependency of other sections)
- Identifies gaps in client’s controls using the control library/control process mates.
- Tracks actuals to budget for their assigned sections/tasks and provides a timely update of progress, including overruns, to the senior.
- Ability to perform internal and external research on clients and their circumstances once assigned to an engagement.
- Demonstrates an understanding of less complex issues with clear, concise documentation ( e.g. properly evaluates/documents and other relevant client information and data, file completion steps)
- Questions unusual trends in financial and business analysis and basic inconsistencies in information
- Understands the purpose of assigned auditing procedures and completes them fully
- Seeks clarification where required. Consults required audit guides or other appropriate reference material, balancing the need to ask clarifying questions with simple research
- Identifies straightforward issues and develops a point of view using appropriate research before asking for advice
- Works efficiently within agreed-upon budgets.
- Raises potential issues to the field senior on a timely basis.
- Organizes work in a logical and understandable way.
- Identifies the regulatory bodies and pronouncements that are applicable to the client’s business and industry (e.g. CAMA, FRCN Act, BOFIA, SEC etc.)
- Demonstrates awareness of basic risk management procedures on engagements.
- Reads and applies the various technical alerts that are released by the firm and the PwC IA methodology.
- Shares knowledge and insight widely
- Demonstrate awareness of PwC service offerings
- Experience in using audit management applications and tools.
- B.Sc. degree in any course with a minimum of 2.1 GPA.
- ACA or CIA (Ongoing)
- Knowledge of Internal audit management tools and solutions