Stears is a fast-growing, data and media company dedicated to resolving the information gap in Africa.
We are looking for highly-motivated, intellectually curious problem solvers with a shared commitment to creating information products that change the way we understand markets & consumers in Africa. Come and help us understand the complex interplay of markets, economics, consumers and wealth in Africa.
Stears is recruiting an economic researcher or research analyst to join our Data Advisory team dedicated to providing data-driven research and economic insights to our clients. The successful candidate will work closely with our Chief Economist to create bespoke data and economic solutions. Successful candidates are inquisitive and eager to learn. They should also enjoy working in a fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
In this role the successful candidate would be expected to:
- Track and analyze domestic and international economic developments.
- Prepare reports and presentations outlining the effects of economic policies on businesses and industries.
- Prepare macroeconomic and microeconomic economic reports
- Create in-depth data-driven reports on innovative industries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Design online and offline data collection exercises.
- Conduct data analysis and data visualization exercises, and communicate results to clients via reports and other formats.
- Represent Stears as an economic and sector expert in media engagements.
- Engage with clients to better understand and solve their problems.
- Collate and organise data on economies and industries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Use data to answer interesting questions about Nigeria’s economy and industries.
- Work with the Lead Economist to create data and economic solutions for clients.
Successful applicants in this role would typically have:
- Experience studying or working in economics or finance.
- A thorough understanding of economics and the Nigerian economy
- Good competency in economic and industry analysis
- Good competency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong research skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with basic statistical concepts and techniques
- A keen interest in building an understanding of key/innovative economies and industries in Sub-Saharan Africa (e.g. Fintech, energy, logistics, etc.)
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Very organized and very, very detail-oriented
Additionally, the following would make you more attractive:
- A postgraduate degree in Economics or an equivalent qualification.
- Good competency with Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Good competency with statistical or econometric packages like R and Stata.
- Experience with primary data collection
- Minimum 2-3 years of research experience
This is a full-time position based in Lagos.
What’s in it for you?
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Paid time off including vacation & sick days
- Competitive salary
Apply HERE. Application deadline: 16th of February 2020