Stony Brook University Global Excellence Scholarship 2022-2022 USA is open to International Undergraduate Students. The scholarship allows Undergraduate level program(s) in the field of All Subjects offered at Stony Brook University. The deadline for the scholarship is 1st November 2021.
About Stony Brook University
The State University of New York at Stony Brook (SUNY at Stony Brook), more commonly known as Stony Brook University (SBU), is a public research university in Stony Brook, New York in the town of Brookhaven. It is one of four university centers of the State University of New York system. Consisting of 213 buildings over 1,454 acres of land in Suffolk County, it is the largest public university in the state of New York by area.
The institution was opened on September 16, 1957, in Oyster Bay, as the State University College on Long Island, and moved to Stony Brook in 1962. In 2001, Stony Brook was elected to the Association of American Universities, a selective group of major research universities in North America. It is also a member of the larger Universities Research Association. It is classified among “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity”.
Stony Brook University, in partnership with Battelle, manages Brookhaven National Laboratory, a national laboratory of the United States Department of Energy. The university acquired land for a Research & Development Park adjacent to its main campus in 2004 and has four business incubators across the region. The University’s impact on the Long Island economy amounts to US$7.23 billion in increased output, and research expenditures have surpassed the US$230 million mark annually. Stony Brook is the largest single-site employer on Long Island; 26,814 students are enrolled at the university, which has over 15,000 employees and over 2,700 faculty.
Level of Degree:
Stony Brook University Global Excellence Scholarship 2022-2022 is available to undertake Undergraduate level programs at Stony Brook University.
Field of Study:
- All Subjects
The tuition fee of the undergraduate program for four years.
Nationalities that are Eligibiltiy:
Criteria for Eligibility:
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- The applicants can undertake any undergraduate program offered at Stony Brook.
- The applicants must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 at the end of each academic year
How to apply
- Students can apply to SBU through Common Application, Coalition Application, or SUNY Application. Students that hold excellent high school average will be considered for the opportunity automatically.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- High school transcripts
- Recommendation letters
- The applicants need to attain a minimum 1240-1420 SAT Score and 26-32 ACT Score.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL (Internet-based) – 80
- IELTS – 6.5
- Duolingo – 105
- IB English Higher Level – 5
- AP English Language/Comp or Literature/Com exam – 3
- A -level (Advanced) English – C
- PTE Academic – 53