The McGowan Scholarship established by the Guyanese-born family living in New York will be awarded to a full-time and matriculated student, based on verifiable financial need and involvement in community activities. The scholarship is offered to students residing in Guyana from age 17-30.
Level of Degree:
The McGowan Scholarship 2021 Scholarship Value:
The scholarship is valued at US$ 2,500.00.
Nationalities for Eligibility:
Residence of Guyana
Criteria for Eligiblity:
To be eligible to apply for
- only students residing in Guyana from age 17-30
- who have completed 25 hours of volunteer community service each semester for the period of the award
- not a holder or recipient of any other scholarship covering tuition and fees
An initial award of US$ 2,500.00/GYD$500,000.00, will be dispersed in September 2021 to the university on behalf of the selected candidate.
Along with the acceptance requirements of the university to the particular program, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required to be eligible for the second allotment of the scholarship in 2023.
The student must maintain good academic standing with the university and must also be involved in extracurricular activities.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to write a 500-word essay detailing their long-term educational goals and what unique qualities make them a candidate for this award.
- They are also required to submit along with the essay a passport sized photograph (Digital), two letters of recommendation from a non-relative, and an acceptance letter to the University of Guyana.
Completed applications should be submitted in email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before, Sept. 10, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and a final selection made by Sept. 30, 2021.